GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 23 19, 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

If marijuana was legalized, would you be more likely to use?
Yes 35%  35%  [ 20 ]
No 44%  44%  [ 25 ]
I already do 21%  21%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 57
 Post subject: Re: Legalizing marijuana
PostPosted: November 10 16, 9:00 am 
Don't tone police me bro!

Famous Mortimer wrote:
Mary1966 wrote:
Since I posted last in this thread, I have noticed that some of my neighbors in my apartment complex who have medical marijuana cards are using it to get stoned, and there was been a bonanza of weed shops in my neighborhood. July is when recreational marijuana becomes legal in Washington state. I don't think I am going to like the results. As someone who has never tried marijuana and is not supposed to take it because I am on psychiatric medication, I look at my neighbors and wonder about how getting stoned on a regular basis impacts their lives.

I'd look at the decades of studies on the subject and worry more about your neighbours who are getting drunk every day, to be honest.

Was legalisation on the ballot in Missouri? Any info on how a vote would go?

Medical missed the ballot by about 20 signatures. It probably would have passed.

PostPosted: November 10 16, 11:25 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

Was going to be Amendment 5. That's why they skipped for 4 to 6 on the ballot.

PostPosted: November 10 16, 11:05 pm 
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

20 signatures? Really? I thought I had read Show Me Cannabis already had enough and then just never heard anymore.

PostPosted: November 10 16, 11:40 pm 

cardsfansince82 wrote:
20 signatures? Really? I thought I had read Show Me Cannabis already had enough and then just never heard anymore.

They turned in more than enough but after review by the SoS came up 20 short in CD2.

PostPosted: November 11 16, 1:15 am 
All-Star

That's a shame, for all Missourians who don't want tons o' pills, anyway. Sorry to ask another complicated question, but does anyone know how early it could be put on another ballot / referendum / whatever?

PostPosted: November 11 16, 6:49 am 

Famous Mortimer wrote:
That's a shame, for all Missourians who don't want tons o' pills, anyway. Sorry to ask another complicated question, but does anyone know how early it could be put on another ballot / referendum / whatever?

I'm sure it will be on the 2018 ballot.

PostPosted: November 11 16, 7:37 am 
Perennial All-Star

I have no interest whatsoever in toking up myself. But it really should be legal just so that the state can tax them and make money of of it. And it should remain illegal for non licensed people to sell it. So these low lifes who sell weed instead of working for a living will have to get a real job since no one is going to be buy it from them anymore now that they can buy it from worthwhile licensed sellers.

PostPosted: November 11 16, 8:44 am 

JoeMcKim wrote:
I have no interest whatsoever in toking up myself. But it really should be legal just so that the state can tax them and make money of of it. And it should remain illegal for non licensed people to sell it. So these low lifes who sell weed instead of working for a living will have to get a real job since no one is going to be buy it from them anymore now that they can buy it from worthwhile licensed sellers.

Lol, yeah, my weed dealer getting his law degree is such a low life. Get a real job, man!

:P

PostPosted: November 11 16, 8:55 am 
Hall Of Famer

Last edited by haltz on November 11 16, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: November 11 16, 8:55 am 
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So these low lifes who sell weed instead of working for a living will have to get a real job since no one is going to be buy it from them anymore now that they can buy it from worthwhile licensed sellers.

The people that really make a living off of it are actually working, harvesting and selling to dispensaries. Probably paying taxes.

Some of it goes out the back door and is sold on the black market and smuggled or shipped into states like Missouri. This takes work and logistics and money and product.

At that point no one that touches it is really making money. You'll get 120 $50 bags off of a $3,000 lb. Moving that in a month nets you a whopping $3,000 profit and good luck when everyone and their mom sells the [expletive]. Even if you by some chance know that many people that actually come to you first once a month that's a pain in the ass and it's not some great living.

Most people that smoke buy more and most people that are front line dealers buy less than the example above so the margin actually drops. For most "dealers" I know it's more of a way to smoke for free or a little bit of a side income. There's a fairly legit operation then transport and then hobbyists who likely have full time jobs otherwise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next