GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently December 11 19, 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

If marijuana was legalized, would you be more likely to use?
Yes 35%  35%  [ 20 ]
No 44%  44%  [ 25 ]
I already do 21%  21%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 57
 Post subject: Re: Legalizing marijuana
PostPosted: August 13 19, 11:09 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

A few weeks ago, I had a gummy (in OR) and it had me high as a kite. longer version
Spoiler: show
Probably every person that gets there thinks they are a pioneer at first, but then you find you're not a pioneer, all sorts of friends and of course the ancients had been there.

Took a while to kick in, but it was obvious when it did. No real paranoia for me. Kind of a meta experience. Hyper conscious. Layers unfolding. The thought filter is random, but there is definitely less background noise. Would stray into tangents, but could complete thought that I started.
My sense of time and space were completely out of whack.

I took this gummy while hanging out on vast and practically private awesome beach in Oregon. Where I set up my beach base, I had a little fire going.
I felt compelled to walk around the beach, and clear my head some -i would check out a little waterfall down the bluff-side for an untold amount of time. It felt like I was a long ways and time from my base.

But I was only 100 ft gone. I walked around the water surf line. Content to watch birds and waves and what was easily accessible, which is unlike my norm, I always want to check what is over yonder. And this beach had a lot of yonder.

My instincts were with me enough to know that climbing over the rocks to next cove was a bad idea.

I would always be amazed how far it seemed I was from my base, but would look again and it was right there. As a runner I am normally above avg tuned into sense of time and distance so this kind of blew me away.

I turned on my Garmin watch to record this. Kept it on until I wandered a mile, in about half an hour. I have the map of it for posterity - a whole lot of wandering in circles. At one point, I thought it would be funny to spell out F #ck Trump on my garmin map by walking. I gave up after a while. You would have to spell it out over at least a half mile to be recognizable.

My daughter joined me on the beach to read her book midway during this. This made me a little nervous, because this high like this had never happened. But She didn't seem too concerned about how weird her dad was being.

I heard a friend say he gets paranoid when high. Though he is sort of paranoid to begin with. I wasn't too bad, save for wondering if I was freaking my daughter out, or worse that she was videoing me doing something stupid and publishing it on social media. But where was she?! I turn around, 10 yards away this time.

So I kept at it wandering around looking and thinking and being meta about what was happening. ...then I would remember little Freedette is here, and I forgot! And would turn around and only 50 feet way. I'd say Hi, she'd wave back

Anyways. After about 2 hours, I really have no idea...we went up to our place. I took what seemed like a really long ass shower, but it could have been five minutes for all I know. We had no real agenda.

I had told her that I ate a gummy and it messed me up, sorry I am acting strange. She said I wasn't really that weird. I conclude that 95% of the weird stuff is the brain circus going on. And she was really into the book she was reading and paying me no mind. I didn't offer but she expressed no interest in trying joint or gummy. She said she tried once before and didn't care for it.

In a while she drove us to closest town where she shopped and I wandered, as I started to come down.

We went to a pub for dinner, and I got really antsy and stomach was queasy. I didn't care for that feeling at all. When we got the food, and it did take them way long, I just had them wrap it up and we hit the road. And then I came back to, got over the queasy antsy-ness. We hit a tourist site on way back, Seal Caves. All was good again.

The next evening I packed the rest of the stash ~$20 worth, a pack of gummies and joint, in my luggage for the plane Then overnight, decided I didn't want to bother with it and took it out, and put it next to trash where housekeeping could take it. When we got home, and I was unpacking, there was a note that TSA had opened/inspected my bag - probably just a coincidence. The End

shorter but still long version:
I don't think the gummies or edibles are for me. Joints? undecided. I can't say they've made me really high like the gummy did, which probably makes joints more viable. As I tried inhaling more to get effect, it burnt my throat. I guess the bong is the solution there, but that is too much work for me.

If you haven't noticed, my head is kind of whirling dervish already. That living inside my own head meta experience, I really don't need that accentuated.

Where and when would I get high? Outdoorsy stuff - nah. I'm chilled out enjoying myself already. I tend to get myself pretty tired and don't need another variable. There's too much I want to see and do, and would probably not get to much of it, if I were high. In the daytime, It would mess me up and I'd wander around instead of going down a trail. If I managed to launch and head down river, no telling where I'd end up.
Also, when you have kids - even older age - I don't like being out to lunch around them. I don't mind being vulnerable, but that is too much. They see me drink a beer or two, but not drunk. I think if I had small kids around, I would have very limited scenarios for getting high.

I can see how some people enjoy it, and possibly manage it better. Getting high as a muse for artistry of any sort? - I think someone would have to pretty damn good at keeping a foot in reality, channel the process to capture what they want to create, write, or sing etc (like I tried with my garmin experience) - and then look at it later and decide what is actually enlightened vs plain ole garbage. I suspect most would fall into the latter category. But then again, we know musicians have pulled it off.

We'll see., until next time.

PostPosted: August 14 19, 5:14 am 
Veteran Player

Freed Roger wrote:
A few weeks ago, I had a gummy (in OR) and it had me high as a kite. longer version
Spoiler: show
Probably every person that gets there thinks they are a pioneer at first, but then you find you're not a pioneer, all sorts of friends and of course the ancients had been there.

Took a while to kick in, but it was obvious when it did. No real paranoia for me. Kind of a meta experience. Hyper conscious. Layers unfolding. The thought filter is random, but there is definitely less background noise. Would stray into tangents, but could complete thought that I started.
My sense of time and space were completely out of whack.

I took this gummy while hanging out on vast and practically private awesome beach in Oregon. Where I set up my beach base, I had a little fire going.
I felt compelled to walk around the beach, and clear my head some -i would check out a little waterfall down the bluff-side for an untold amount of time. It felt like I was a long ways and time from my base.

But I was only 100 ft gone. I walked around the water surf line. Content to watch birds and waves and what was easily accessible, which is unlike my norm, I always want to check what is over yonder. And this beach had a lot of yonder.

My instincts were with me enough to know that climbing over the rocks to next cove was a bad idea.

I would always be amazed how far it seemed I was from my base, but would look again and it was right there. As a runner I am normally above avg tuned into sense of time and distance so this kind of blew me away.

I turned on my Garmin watch to record this. Kept it on until I wandered a mile, in about half an hour. I have the map of it for posterity - a whole lot of wandering in circles. At one point, I thought it would be funny to spell out F #ck Trump on my garmin map by walking. I gave up after a while. You would have to spell it out over at least a half mile to be recognizable.

My daughter joined me on the beach to read her book midway during this. This made me a little nervous, because this high like this had never happened. But She didn't seem too concerned about how weird her dad was being.

I heard a friend say he gets paranoid when high. Though he is sort of paranoid to begin with. I wasn't too bad, save for wondering if I was freaking my daughter out, or worse that she was videoing me doing something stupid and publishing it on social media. But where was she?! I turn around, 10 yards away this time.

So I kept at it wandering around looking and thinking and being meta about what was happening. ...then I would remember little Freedette is here, and I forgot! And would turn around and only 50 feet way. I'd say Hi, she'd wave back

Anyways. After about 2 hours, I really have no idea...we went up to our place. I took what seemed like a really long ass shower, but it could have been five minutes for all I know. We had no real agenda.

I had told her that I ate a gummy and it messed me up, sorry I am acting strange. She said I wasn't really that weird. I conclude that 95% of the weird stuff is the brain circus going on. And she was really into the book she was reading and paying me no mind. I didn't offer but she expressed no interest in trying joint or gummy. She said she tried once before and didn't care for it.

In a while she drove us to closest town where she shopped and I wandered, as I started to come down.

We went to a pub for dinner, and I got really antsy and stomach was queasy. I didn't care for that feeling at all. When we got the food, and it did take them way long, I just had them wrap it up and we hit the road. And then I came back to, got over the queasy antsy-ness. We hit a tourist site on way back, Seal Caves. All was good again.

The next evening I packed the rest of the stash ~$20 worth, a pack of gummies and joint, in my luggage for the plane Then overnight, decided I didn't want to bother with it and took it out, and put it next to trash where housekeeping could take it. When we got home, and I was unpacking, there was a note that TSA had opened/inspected my bag - probably just a coincidence. The End

shorter but still long version:
I don't think the gummies or edibles are for me. Joints? undecided. I can't say they've made me really high like the gummy did, which probably makes joints more viable. As I tried inhaling more to get effect, it burnt my throat. I guess the bong is the solution there, but that is too much work for me.

If you haven't noticed, my head is kind of whirling dervish already. That living inside my own head meta experience, I really don't need that accentuated.

Where and when would I get high? Outdoorsy stuff - nah. I'm chilled out enjoying myself already. I tend to get myself pretty tired and don't need another variable. There's too much I want to see and do, and would probably not get to much of it, if I were high. In the daytime, It would mess me up and I'd wander around instead of going down a trail. If I managed to launch and head down river, no telling where I'd end up.
Also, when you have kids - even older age - I don't like being out to lunch around them. I don't mind being vulnerable, but that is too much. They see me drink a beer or two, but not drunk. I think if I had small kids around, I would have very limited scenarios for getting high.

I can see how some people enjoy it, and possibly manage it better. Getting high as a muse for artistry of any sort? - I think someone would have to pretty damn good at keeping a foot in reality, channel the process to capture what they want to create, write, or sing etc (like I tried with my garmin experience) - and then look at it later and decide what is actually enlightened vs plain ole garbage. I suspect most would fall into the latter category. But then again, we know musicians have pulled it off.

We'll see., until next time.

Vaporizer

PostPosted: August 14 19, 8:11 am 
bronoun enthusiast

Vape is the way to go.

PostPosted: August 14 19, 10:48 am 
has a link from 538 to share

#TeamVape

(and edibles)

PostPosted: August 14 19, 11:02 am 
All-Star

$2 a gram. $1 for a pre-roll. Pretty crazy bubble right now here. Plenty of places I drive by have already closed, many of them opening again as a different dispensary. Lots of failure but even more people who want to live their weed peddling dreams, it seems.

As things open up city by city it's interesting to see the bum rush. Not even remotely sustainable to have 3 dispensaries in a half mile stretch of a very seasonal beach city, for instance.

PostPosted: August 14 19, 11:18 am 
bronoun enthusiast

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
$1 for a pre-roll.

Exqueese me? Hot damn.

PostPosted: August 14 19, 11:24 am 

$2 a gram. $1 for a pre-roll. Pretty crazy bubble right now here. Plenty of places I drive by have already closed, many of them opening again as a different dispensary. Lots of failure but even more people who want to live their weed peddling dreams, it seems.

As things open up city by city it's interesting to see the bum rush. Not even remotely sustainable to have 3 dispensaries in a half mile stretch of a very seasonal beach city, for instance.

Do you think there will just be a couple of corporate or similar like survivors?

MO has a lot of interest. Tough business, because it is regulated requires a lot to abide above board, while competing with remaing black market (I presume)

.Article in Stl Business journal says there is a lot of interest, but regular lenders etc steering away - because laws aren't universal enough.

That leaves people with $$$ and expertise to launder their old profits. Not so easy to take a half million from the safe to convert to a legal weed business.
Why you get so many people willing to take over the failed - because they aren't smart, but it's their dream.

In my hometown, I saw this with its once overabundance of bars. One would close and some dummies would reopen. Repeat. Then after 3-4 times it's done.

PostPosted: August 14 19, 12:39 pm 
All-Star

It will be interesting when the big money is ready to fully pounce. Whoever cashes in is going to face some serious 'sell-out' backlash. For weed in Portland, people might want to shop local too. I'd guess the big money starts on the shelves.

I'm not tapped in enough to know who the biggest players in Portland are, though I have some guesses. I like the idea of weed more than the use. I have similar coughing like an [expletive] issues to Freed, and frankly unless I'm also drinking it's never that moving. But I'd like it as a beer replacement to taking the edge off. Every few months I give it another try.

thrill wrote:
$1 for a pre-roll.

Exqueese me? Hot damn.

Limit 4. That place is literally on it's third iteration of dispensary. I've never been in.

PostPosted: August 14 19, 1:06 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

I’m probably going to skip the weed. Back when i could and did indulge i generally shot right through the pleasantly high zone into the I can’t get my brain to slow down zone. Lots of moments like Louis CK talked about in his bit about getting high with younger fans— no mention of jerking off— and not being able to tell if he said something out loud.

But I’m curious when the craft, heirloom weed boom is going to happen.

PostPosted: August 14 19, 1:23 pm 

lukethedrifter wrote:
.... i generally shot right through the pleasantly high zone into the I can’t get my brain to slow down zone.

....not being able to tell if he said something out loud.

Both of these for me, with that gummy.
And the no hangover headache or gut slug and lethargy, like with booze? -well sure....but coming down felt like crap in a different way. Queasy and Ants in my pants, but had no desire to dance. Brain was busy but I was not communicative. It was tiring.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next