Happy Father's Day

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: Happy Father's Day

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Thanks, Freed.

I've had this video for a month or so now that I've wanted to put on here but didn't know a good time.

Hope you all had a great day.

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

Radbird wrote:She called to wish me a Happy Father's Day and also to give thanks that she hasn't yet encountered JoD's coalition.
So she's a liar? Every girl in Boston has come within my influence. Phrasing!

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Thanks, Freed.

I've had this video for a month or so now that I've wanted to put on here but didn't know a good time.

Hope you all had a great day.
Gorgeous baby, AW. Thanks for posting.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

It's really true. AW procreated. Happy Father's Day!

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

My first try on my dad's Traeger smoker. Did alright, not great with some ribs. Awesome machine, though.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

A favorite memory is going to Game 2 of the '68 WS with him. A buddy and I spent the night outside of Busch in line for bleacher seats. Limit was 2 per person and there was never any doubt who the other ticket would go to - only whether he could take off work on that Thursday afternoon.

It was one of those singular moments in life that is etched in my mind. The look of surprise when showing him the tickets. Listening to KMOX on the way to the park. Heading into the stadium and finding our seats. The red, white & blue bunting all around the stadium. Dad sharing stories about growing up just north of Sportsman's Park, working for the laundry service that cleaned the Cards and Browns uniforms, how he was mainly a Browns fan until they moved to Baltimore. Hot dogs and peanuts. Pepsi for me, Busch Bavarian for him.

He was in and out of my life during the '60s as my folks went through several cycles of separation/divorce/reconciliation. But for one October afternoon, a resentful and rebellious 15-year old became just a kid spending a day at the ballpark with his dad.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Great story Rad. Thanks for sharing it.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I sent my dad a text from my room in the ER at Barnes sometime around 6:30am. I was going to spend the day on the lake with him but those plans were destroyed. I had seen him at the lake Saturday already and we hang out on the boats all the time so it wouldn't have been anything special but it still would have been a great way to spend Father's Day.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I bought my dad a cold brew coffee set up. Then I called him and explained what cold brew coffee is. That thing will definitely still be in the box next time I visit.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

My dad would love a cold brew... and stop right there and leave the coffee part off. I was going to take a case of Busch to give him at the lake yesterday but stuff happens.