GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently August 25 19, 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
 Post subject: Re: GRB Kids thread
PostPosted: January 27 19, 3:42 pm 
AAA Minor League Player

CardsofSTL wrote:
Corky wrote:
Yeah, thanks, we will see how far he goes. As stated above he plays for his local youth association team and then a traveling team from another town nearby. The out of town team has an indoor facility where they can practice hitting and teach all kinds of fundamentals all year round which is nice in the winter. They have arm strengthening too which helps as a catcher, especially. Last year the kids went to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee and this summer they plan a trip to Omaha, Nebraska. They play a lot of local teams and tournaments but the coaches take them on one far away trip each summer. Also, last year he went to a week-long baseball camp in Florida. The place in Pigeon Forge is called the Ripken Experience and by Cal Ripken who they get to meet there.

That sounds awesome...good for them. Have you indoctrinated him into being a Cardinals fan?

I believe he is a Phillies fan. Lives a couple of hours away. Actually he goes to Baltimore more often to see games there.

PostPosted: February 25 19, 2:20 pm 
just can't quit you.

My 12 year old, Stinky, stole my old jacket - she called it vintage - I think she called me old...

PostPosted: February 25 19, 5:12 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Your first one turns 13 - you are OLD no matter what your age. Book it.

PostPosted: February 25 19, 5:25 pm 
Mayor of GRB

My daughter is now a sophomore in high school, and my son graduates from college in May.

(He's at the University of Louisville. He's wearing a sweatshirt I bought my wife as a Christmas present back in 1992.)

PostPosted: February 25 19, 5:32 pm 
just can't quit you.

sighyoung wrote:

My daughter is now a sophomore in high school, and my son graduates from college in May.

(He's at the University of Louisville. He's wearing a sweatshirt I bought my wife as a Christmas present back in 1992.)

Those are some good looking kids Sigh!

Congrats on getting one out of college - I have no idea how I am going to gt 4 through...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33