GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 22 19, 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: February 12 14, 2:34 pm 
Offline
-go birds
User avatar

Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Posts: 29653
Quote:
Scientists in California said on Wednesday night that they have for the first time managed to release more energy from their nuclear fusion experiment than they put into it, which marks a critical threshold in eventually achieving the goal of a self-sustaining nuclear-fusion reaction.


http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 24237.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 12 14, 2:40 pm 
Offline
bronoun enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Posts: 28444
Location: extremely online
It would be really, really great if we could figure this out before we ruin everything.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 12 14, 2:42 pm 
Offline
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Posts: 24293
Location: St. Louis
Pffft, figure out consciousness and then we'll talk.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 12 14, 2:42 pm 
Offline
99% conan clips
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Posts: 55297
i think this is what keeps stark tower operating


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 12 14, 2:43 pm 
Offline
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
User avatar

Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Posts: 11479
Location: Illinois
It all seems to good to be true. Some big corporation will come in and [expletive] it all up before we ever get to the point of "free energy" or whatever the pipe dream is. Back when they were building nuclear reactors it was said they would make energy so cheap it would be free. ha.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 12 14, 2:56 pm 
Offline
Everday Unicorn
User avatar

Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Posts: 34787
Location: Austin, TX
go birds wrote:
Quote:
Scientists in California said on Wednesday night that they have for the first time managed to release more energy from their nuclear fusion experiment than they put into it, which marks a critical threshold in eventually achieving the goal of a self-sustaining nuclear-fusion reaction.


http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 24237.html


Doesn't that violate some law of thermodynamics?

I don't know [expletive] about [expletive]. We need Jim up in here. JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM. Answer this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 12 14, 2:59 pm 
Offline
Perennial All-Star
User avatar

Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
Posts: 6891
Location: Southwestern Illinois
If nothing else, they figured out time travel. It's only 1pm on Wednesday afternoon in California right now.

:cool:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 12 14, 3:12 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer

Joined: April 25 06, 6:43 pm
Posts: 11476
Location: Austin
trill wrote:
It would be really, really great if we could figure this out before we ruin everything.

It would be better if we didn't use the hope of some energy breakthrough to avoid doing what we can with existing technology, which is a whole lot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 12 14, 3:19 pm 
Offline
Everday Unicorn
User avatar

Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Posts: 34787
Location: Austin, TX
Arthur Dent wrote:
trill wrote:
It would be really, really great if we could figure this out before we ruin everything.

It would be better if we didn't use the hope of some energy breakthrough to avoid doing what we can with existing technology, which is a whole lot.


AD, I keep meaning to ask you, is your avatar pic from a work of Dan Flavin and/or Donald Judd?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 12 14, 3:25 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer

Joined: April 25 06, 6:43 pm
Posts: 11476
Location: Austin
heyzeus wrote:
AD, I keep meaning to ask you, is your avatar pic from a work of Dan Flavin and/or Donald Judd?

I'm not that cool. It's Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot, a photo of the Earth taken by Voyager 1 from beyond the orbit of Pluto.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 33anda3rd, AWvsCBsteeeerike3, Indu WangZi and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group