GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 22 19, 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
PostPosted: July 25 14, 3:58 am 
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD

The first time I flew, I was about 10 or so, and we got to all sit in first class because my Uncle worked for United and had passenger standby tickets that would upgrade you to first class. It was a very enjoyable experience. I was in awe with the feeling of leaving the ground as the plane took off.

PostPosted: July 25 14, 8:07 am 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

I've still never flown. I'm not really afraid I just haven't needed to yet. Nic and I were going to go to Italy but she got sick so we cancelled the trip. I've always thought it would be unpleasant though. Being couped up in a plane for hours with complete strangers. Sounds terrible.

PostPosted: July 25 14, 10:11 am 
Mayor of GRB

I think I first flew when I was 19 or 20, and I visiting my parents during Christmas break from grad school. My brother and several of my friends from college hid themselves behind open newspapers, and when I passed by they let out a cheer and hoisted me up in a hero's welcome.

And my life has been a 30-year downhill slide since then.

PostPosted: July 25 14, 10:29 am 
Veteran Player

IMADreamer wrote:
I've still never flown. I'm not really afraid I just haven't needed to yet. Nic and I were going to go to Italy but she got sick so we cancelled the trip. I've always thought it would be unpleasant though. Being couped up in a plane for hours with complete strangers. Sounds terrible.

Yeah, there's nothing fun about it. Unless you can fly first class, which is probably nice, but I'll never know personally.

PostPosted: July 25 14, 10:33 am 
bronoun enthusiast

Flying is the best. Get on a thing, sit down, watch a movie or two on your laptop, get up, walk out and you're in a totally different place.

PostPosted: July 25 14, 10:42 am 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

trill wrote:
Flying is the best.

Getting to/on/off/from the flight is horrid. The accommodations are horrid. But, yes, flying is the best. Absolutely wonderful going what 500+mph mph without a worry in the world other than what drink to order next.

PostPosted: July 25 14, 10:50 am 
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

I actually flew a plane when I was 10-11. My Dad had his private pilot license when I was a kid and he used to work at the local airport in Springfield and would get deals on renting planes. He'd get it in the air, and let me take over from the co-pilot chair. Not much to it when you are up in the air really. It was always last minute, like he would call from work and tell us all to be there in an hour. Only way he could afford it, but it was alot of fun. In fact, here we are ready to go up. That's me, my Mom and Dad, my aunt from Thailand.

Spoiler: show

Lot of fun.

Commercial flying sucks. I absolutely hate airports, the stress of going through the lines etc..., everything about it.

Last edited by jim on July 25 14, 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: July 25 14, 10:50 am 
-go birds

I flippin love airports...so much i think i raved about it

PostPosted: July 25 14, 10:58 am 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

go birds wrote:
I flippin love airports...so much i think i raved about it

Great people watching. I agree with this.

PostPosted: July 25 14, 11:17 am 
bronoun enthusiast

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
trill wrote:
Flying is the best.

Getting to/on/off/from the flight is horrid. The accommodations are horrid. But, yes, flying is the best. Absolutely wonderful going what 500+mph mph without a worry in the world other than what drink to order next.

Yeah. I always pay extra for better seating group/select seat/priority board if it's available.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next