GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently January 20 19, 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178  Next
PostPosted: January 6 19, 4:17 pm 
Hallelujah Brother

PostPosted: January 7 19, 8:39 pm 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

PostPosted: January 8 19, 8:16 am 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: January 8 19, 11:27 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

PostPosted: January 8 19, 1:48 pm 
Hallelujah Brother

PostPosted: January 9 19, 12:15 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

I would never [expletive] with a raccoon.

PostPosted: January 9 19, 6:43 am 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

lukethedrifter wrote:

Exactly.

PostPosted: January 9 19, 6:51 am 
99% conan clips

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:

Exactly.

love that beat!

PostPosted: January 9 19, 10:25 am 
tl;dr

I'm sure I told my raccoon story back when it happened in 2011 but I'll share it again. I really thought I was about to get messed up.

One night after softball we went to Harry's at Southwest and Kingshighway. At the end of the evening others offered me a ride home but I turned them down and just walked the two and a half blocks home. As I was walking down the one way street that intersects with my street, I decided I would just take the alley and go in through the back door to the building/apartment. Since it was a one way street I was only looking to my left as I crossed to the alley and as I got to the middle of the street I finally looked forward and less then ten feet in front of me was a raccoon. It was NOT happy to see me. I stopped dead in my tracks and just slowly backed away and kept an eye on it as I went around the corner to my street. That thing was big. It's back was arched and it was making some growling/hissing/weird noise. It stared me down until I got around the corner. If I hadn't looked up when I did, I would have walked right into the thing and it wouldn't have ended well.

Ever since then, I do not go in the alley after dark unless it is the dead of winter. With all of the dumpsters there, I figure there is a raccoon scavenging in every single one ready to jump out and tear my face off.

PostPosted: January 9 19, 2:00 pm 
Hallelujah Brother

tlombard wrote:
I'm sure I told my raccoon story back when it happened in 2011 but I'll share it again. I really thought I was about to get messed up.

One night after softball we went to Harry's at Southwest and Kingshighway. At the end of the evening others offered me a ride home but I turned them down and just walked the two and a half blocks home. As I was walking down the one way street that intersects with my street, I decided I would just take the alley and go in through the back door to the building/apartment. Since it was a one way street I was only looking to my left as I crossed to the alley and as I got to the middle of the street I finally looked forward and less then ten feet in front of me was a raccoon. It was NOT happy to see me. I stopped dead in my tracks and just slowly backed away and kept an eye on it as I went around the corner to my street. That thing was big. It's back was arched and it was making some growling/hissing/weird noise. It stared me down until I got around the corner. If I hadn't looked up when I did, I would have walked right into the thing and it wouldn't have ended well.

Ever since then, I do not go in the alley after dark unless it is the dead of winter. With all of the dumpsters there, I figure there is a raccoon scavenging in every single one ready to jump out and tear my face off.

Back in early 2000's I lived in a second floor apartment in an old house. I was coming home and got to the top of the stairs and a big racoon was standing on the landing waiting for me. I don't think I've ever moved so fast as I turned around and tore ass down the stairs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178  Next