BPV hurting local businesses

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: BPV hurting local businesses

Post by Jocephus »

the family is going to a game in july. my mother keeps saying she wants to check out bpv and i keep kinda insinuating that i dont think it'll be that great (from things i've heard here). hah...AWvsCBs story is cracking me up and imagine i will not be all that impressed with bpv.
Last edited by Jocephus on June 30 15, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star

Post by letsgocards89 »

It's nothing all that special, but I will say BPV is a blast during playoff games. It's like watching the game with 500 (or whatever the capacity is) of your closest friends. I was down there when Adams homered of Kershaw and the place went nuts. Everybody's screaming, hugging and high-fiving each other. Just one big happy Cardinals family.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:I popped my bpv cherry on sunday and it was godawful. Just not my cup of tea right now, as expected, due to the crowd making it pretty family unfriendly. Seriously, where do you sit down and eat? We got over there at 4:30 and ended up...well, we ended up getting some of that mexican food and taking it out on the sidewalk to eat since we couldn't get a table anywhere. Would have taken it to the little patio area with the TV and turf outside, but you can't bring in food...even if you bought it at bpv. Whatever. But, what really pissed me off is you can't take beer you bought in bpv outside. They have a [expletive] beer cart 10' inside the door and 10' outside the door. Why can't you just take it out? I had to slam two beers I bought (one for my brother) just to walk outside and buy another 2. Stupid. Never going to bpv on a gameday again.
We tried it during last Cubs Card series and had similar experience -and ended up walking back around to paddyos (which was slow). I'm not sure what they could do to make that work/a positive experience on game day. But then again, they obviously aren't hurting for business. It's a tourist trap.

Molly
Perennial All-Star

Post by Molly »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:But, what really pissed me off is you can't take beer you bought in bpv outside. They have a [expletive] beer cart 10' inside the door and 10' outside the door. Why can't you just take it out? I had to slam two beers I bought (one for my brother) just to walk outside and buy another 2. Stupid. Never going to bpv on a gameday again.
FYI, you also can't take beer inside the stadium that you purchase from one of the carts at BPV. $2.50 cheaper from the outside carts.

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

I've enjoyed every experience I've had at BPV. Just don't go when it's crowded. Easy.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Molly wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:But, what really pissed me off is you can't take beer you bought in bpv outside. They have a [expletive] beer cart 10' inside the door and 10' outside the door. Why can't you just take it out? I had to slam two beers I bought (one for my brother) just to walk outside and buy another 2. Stupid. Never going to bpv on a gameday again.
FYI, you also can't take beer inside the stadium that you purchase from one of the carts at BPV. $2.50 cheaper from the outside carts.
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. It makes sense not to allow outside beverages into the stadium (how could you tell if it was bought at bpv or not?) from a business standpoint. It also makes sense, though I disagree with it, to not allow outside beverages into the big TV room (again, how could you tell if it was bought at bpv or not?). But....to not allow beer bought inside the big tv room outside is stupid and serves no purpose other than to irritate the [expletive] out of me, which it did.

If I was with a group of drinking buddies and we had no problem just meandering around, buying beer inside, hanging out, whatever, until a table came open that would have been much better. But, with a kid who needs to eat and needs a place to do it, well...bpv is not where you want to go. I would have gone to paddyos but I wasn't sure if kids were allowed and/or if they would have a place to sit either. So, we just bought food and took it out and used the rail the fence to the stadium is built on as a table....after I chugged those two beers.

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer

Post by TimeForGuinness »

BPV is the new Laclede's Landing.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Jocephus wrote:the family is going to a game in july. my mother keeps saying she wants to check out bpv and i keep kinda insinuating that i dont think it'll be that great (from things i've heard here). hah...AWvsCBs story is cracking me up and imagine i will not be all that impressed with bpv.
Ask your mom if she's ready to slam a few beers.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

TimeForGuinness wrote:BPV is the new Laclede's Landing.
From my limited exposure to BPV, I'd say that's fairly accurate.

Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators

Post by Tambourine Man »

JL21 wrote:
TimeForGuinness wrote:BPV is the new Laclede's Landing.
From my limited exposure to BPV, I'd say that's fairly accurate.
I know a guy that bartends at BPV. Total douche that would thrive on the Landing. I've never been and doubt I ever will.