Coffee Talk

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
wart57
just can't quit you.

Re: Coffee Talk

Post by wart57 »

Freed Roger wrote:33rd head explodes.

http://fortune.com/2015/09/10/keurig-campbell-soup/
you’ve ever wanted to make something other than coffee from your Keurig, well, you’re in luck. Campbell Soup and Keurig have partnered to sell soup to consumers looking for something savory from their do-it-yourself machine.

“We know more than 80 percent of people who buy Keurig pods also buy Campbell’s soup, so bringing together two products people love in one handy kit is a winning idea,” said Michael Goodman
Yep, a lot of retailers will be carrying these soon. Now Ramen needs to do one, and college students will rejoice.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

I just stated to drink coffee.
The new office I am working at does not afford me easy access to my Mt. Dew, so I decided to start drinking coffee. Well, creamer with a hint of coffee is more like it right now.

ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

Badda bing!

Now if we can only get the machine to whip up some mashed potatoes and gravy like those machines at 7-11.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

ZigZagCardsFan wrote:Image

Badda bing!

Now if we can only get the machine to whip up some mashed potatoes and gravy like those machines at 7-11.

Just like the old cup-a-soup.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

This product is for garbage people.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

thrill wrote:This product is for garbage people.
Can't a person open a can of soup, put it in a bowl, and nuke it for 2 minutes get the same thing in just about the same amount of time? I guess this would put an end to the trouble of finding a can opener...
[SHOW]

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Been a few years - i still grind my own and seem to prefer it. Have not really developed a discerning sense of taste- I just pick whatever whole bean seems priced right -sometimes I like one better than another , but does not make an impression where I remember what I liked.

Also, I typically dump the bag of beans into a container with a lid, so brand/ style identity is long gone from my head. It is the same when I am out for coffee-all those carafes - since, unlike a beer- brand identity isnt big and style isnt either. Since I am not going thru overt process with selecting a brand/style and pouring it or watching it get poured from a labeled tap-it doesn't stick so well.

I guess i should be happy that I can still drink cheap coffee.

Sidenote- at C stores and lobby style coffee- that hazlenut stuff can smell good but always tastes like dung

MuntyJay
Single A Minor League Player

Post by MuntyJay »

coffee usually calms me down and i try don't drink it too much 'cause it makes me sleep

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

I ended up buying the Bonavita from the other thread where I inquired about coffee makers. The quality of the brew is excellent. Most of the bad reviews were about the carafe. I do have a few complaints about the carafe but the brew is superior to previous coffee makers I've owned. I was also talked into ordering a coffee grinder but it hasn't arrived yet.