Tesla Motors

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Re: Tesla Motors

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

I just got the same mower(or a very similar model) since we just bought a house. The height adjustment mechanism should be standard on every mower ever, so easy. I've only used it a couple times, but no complaints. I have a normal sized yard that takes about 45 minutes to cut, haven't come close to exhausting the battery. If anything I'm kicking myself for plunking down the money for a spare, but I haven't gotten into the Ego trimmer I got as well which might necessitate it.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

First cut review: It works. My grass was high but it's not real thick so not much of a challenge. I'll take it over to my mom's next. I have a Ford Escape not a pickup so the fact that it folds up and doesn't way a ton (it's not light though) will make transporting it no problem. As TT mentioned, the height adjustment is so easy.
So far, I'm sold but it's early yet.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Cut two average suburban lawns today- an hour plus of mowing- on a single charge and did not get the low battery light.
Mulches okay but leaves some long clippings so not that great in that respect. Otherwise lawns look good.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Bonus: my vehicle doesn't smell like gas and oil after transporting it.

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

I've been a Model 3 reservation holder since the release date. It is the most excited I've been about a consumer product. I'm neither a car enthusiast nor an environmentalist. I live in St. Louis city and ride my bike most places. I'm stoked about it not because it's an EV but rather because of the other technology. The auto-pilot, autonomous driving, and software orientation are so intriguing. The summon feature blows my mind (which I've seen IRL; incredible).

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

My lithium lawnmower is scheduled to be delivered any minute! I'm pretty excited to make the transition to fuel-free!

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

The quiet operation and vertical mess free storage aspects seem neat. Not sure I care too much about saving a gallon of gas every couple months or whether its worth paying 3x the gas mower price.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Socnorb11 wrote:My lithium lawnmower is scheduled to be delivered any minute! I'm pretty excited to make the transition to fuel-free!
Its not really fuel free though, the fuel is the electric grid, right?

I have an electric corded mower. Because I live in MO, that means it basically runs on coal, but one can hope upgrades to the grid can change that. I was hesitant to use a battery powered one because I was concerned that battery maintenance would be tough. (Cant leave them in the garage because of the extreme weather, do you leave them plugged in or not? I read some things that say yes, some say no.)

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

JCShutout wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:My lithium lawnmower is scheduled to be delivered any minute! I'm pretty excited to make the transition to fuel-free!
Its not really fuel free though, the fuel is the electric grid, right?

I have an electric corded mower. Because I live in MO, that means it basically runs on coal, but one can hope upgrades to the grid can change that.
Even if the electricity is coal, the energy efficiency and pollution controls at the coal plant will be vastly better than a small gas engine.

It's just that the amount of energy involved mowing your lawn once a week or so is so small that environmentally it hardly matters. We've bought like two gallons of gas for the mower this year compared to like 400 gallons for our cars.