2019 Concerts Thread (updated before luke yells at me)

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
M1IRONMIKE
Well hello, pilgrim

Re: 2016 Concerts Thread

Post by M1IRONMIKE »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:We have $20.00 lawn tickets for Tesla, REO Speedwagon and Def Leppard in August at Riverport.

WooooooooooooooOOOOO

Bring me the cold Busch beer!

I have been thinking about that show......but August already has Sir Paul and kiss on the agenda.....I don't want to go into concert overload

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

M1IRONMIKE wrote:
Fat_Bulldog wrote:We have $20.00 lawn tickets for Tesla, REO Speedwagon and Def Leppard in August at Riverport.

WooooooooooooooOOOOO

I have been thinking about that show......but August already has Sir Paul and kiss on the agenda.....I don't want to go into concert overload
We had $20 lawn tickets a couple years ago when we saw Def Leppard and KISS. Def Leppard was good, but man, KISS was incredible.

Looking forward to seeing Def Leppard again in October when they're here in the Twin Cities. Will be my first time seeing Tesla and REO Speedwagon live.

M1IRONMIKE
Well hello, pilgrim

Post by M1IRONMIKE »

Swirls wrote:
M1IRONMIKE wrote:

WooooooooooooooOOOOO

We had $20 lawn tickets a couple years ago when we saw Def Leppard and KISS. Def Leppard was good, but man, KISS was incredible.

Looking forward to seeing Def Leppard again in October when they're here in the Twin Cities. Will be my first time seeing Tesla and REO Speedwagon live.
Reo is always solid.....I have never seen tesla

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

I went to 2 concerts back in February. Reverend Horton Heat at The Ready Room and Dropkick Murphys at The Pageant.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

TimeForGuinness wrote:I'm jealous of your Tame Impala.

So far in 2016:
Savages

Next up in 2016:
DIIV
Leon Bridges
M83
Just got back from Tame Impala. If you like them you should go see them. They put on a really good show. The crowd was younger than I expected and was larger than I thought it would be. They played the UIC Pavilion and it looked nearly sold out. A year ago they were playing The Riviera which holds about 1/3 of tonight's venue.

I will say I thought the setlist was a little odd. Not in what they played, but the order in which they did. The jammiest stretch of the concert was "The Moment" -> "Elephant" -> "Yes I'm Changing" -> "The Less I Know" and they were buried in the middle of the set. "Elephant" should have closed the concert, they really nailed that.

M1IRONMIKE
Well hello, pilgrim

Post by M1IRONMIKE »

I got tickets to see Peter Frampton July 11th. What kid in the 70's didn't have Frampton comes alive in the old 8 track.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

spent $94 on a ticket for a kanye show and i dont hate myself as much as i thought i would after buying a ticket for a kanye west show

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

Saw Flight of the Conchords last night. Very fun.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Tickets to see Chris Cornell solo show tomorrow

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Tim wrote:Tickets to see Chris Cornell solo show tomorrow

Would like to see that.

We are thinking about getting Rival Sons tickets for September at the Pagent. It's a Tuesday though which sucks.