2019 Concerts Thread (updated before luke yells at me)

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Re: 2018 Concerts Thread (for luke)

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

lukethedrifter wrote:Chris Stapleton tonight. Pd the extra $40 bucks for quick escape parking bc I [expletive] hate the parking mess out there. Let me know if you want a ride.

Tix are free (artist guest list) so i hope they’re good seats. Got em bc i complained about getting screwed over on vip tix at last year’s show.
Will be anticipating your review. Should be a fantastic show.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:Chris Stapleton tonight. Pd the extra $40 bucks for quick escape parking bc I [expletive] hate the parking mess out there. Let me know if you want a ride.

Tix are free (artist guest list) so i hope they’re good seats. Got em bc i complained about getting screwed over on vip tix at last year’s show.
Will be anticipating your review. Should be a fantastic show.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=46256&p=1731755&hil ... n#p1731755

Don’t buy VIP tix. Or if you do, [expletive] about and get free tix to the next show.

I got a tote and a coozy for $75 extra. Wtf??

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Over the next couple months our docket includes:

Reba on August 11 (Mrs. Swirls)
Beach Boys on August 27 (both)
311 / The Offspring on August 31 (me)

Mrs. Swirls is trying to convince me to buy tickets for Taylor Swift in August, but with the new house we are on a much tighter budget for the immediate future, so not sure we're gonna be able to swing it. If we did, I would likely request tickets to Metallica in September as compensation. This is how she got tickets for Reba, as she doesn't care to see either 311 or The Offspring. OAR is also playing in September and I'd love to see them live.

Foo Fighters are playing later this fall, but it's during our refueling outage so I know for a fact I won't be able to go. Didn't even bother trying to find tickets. They're another bucket list concert for me.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Wish we were going. We thought about it but had something come up. He is with Marty Stuart right? He's awesome live.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

IMADreamer wrote:

Wish we were going. We thought about it but had something come up. He is with Marty Stuart right? He's awesome live.

Didn’t realize Marty was opening. That’s awesome. Haven’t seen him.
I bought tix for 50th anniversary Byrds’ Sweethearts of the Rodeo show at the Ryman in Oct. Marty is part of the band with Roger McGuinn and Chris Hillman.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Just won tix to Wheels of Soul w Tedeschi Trucks Band and Drive By Truckers at the Fox July 28. Woot!

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

lukethedrifter wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:

Didn’t realize Marty was opening. That’s awesome. Haven’t seen him.
I bought tix for 50th anniversary Byrds’ Sweethearts of the Rodeo show at the Ryman in Oct. Marty is part of the band with Roger McGuinn and Chris Hillman.

Now it turns out i have an extra ticket. Seems my wife is drinking the colonoscopy koolaid and will be unavailable

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

lukethedrifter wrote:Just won tix to Wheels of Soul w Tedeschi Trucks Band and Drive By Truckers at the Fox July 28. Woot!

Damn that's going to be an awesome show.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Pretty good video of Radiohead full concert on 7/6/18 in Chicago. Kinda pissed at myself for not going. He forgets the words to "Decks Dark".

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

grabbed my kacey musgraves tickets today.

dont judge