2019 Concerts Thread (updated before luke yells at me)

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Re: 2016 Concerts Thread

Post by Gashouse »

I saw Dylan about 8 years ago (on election night), and it was not good. Every song completely rearranged, so by the time I figured out what song it was, it was over.

I think I saw him once more since then, but I really wanted to see Wilco, who were playing before him. We left in the middle of Dylan.

But if you've never seen him before, it's worth checking that box.

M1IRONMIKE
Well hello, pilgrim

Post by M1IRONMIKE »

Since our kids are now grown my wife and I have had more time and money to go to concerts in the last several years.
we have seen:

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers....great show in Evansville Indiana
Aerosmith and Cheap trick Aerosmith was fabulous....Cheap Trick sucked...I hate cheap trick.....in Milwaukee WI
Fleetwood Mac.....great show in St. Louis
ACDC.....The best show I have seen in many years....in St. Louis

all of these shows were at the Illinois state fair
Sammy Hagar and the circle and Collective Soul.....Sammy rocked it
Hank Williams Jr.....Hated it.....I like Hank Williams but hate when they rearrange songs and change the words etc...major disappointment
Heart and The Bangles....Heart was fantastic....That old ladt can sing
Def Lepard......great
Journey(with the philipine singer) and Styx....not a huge styx fan but they were pretty good....Journey was too but without steve perry its hard to like them
REO Speedwagon and Styx....REO never disappoints and again I am not a huge Styx fan
Night Ranger, Blue oyster Cult, Georgia Satellites, and Cheap trick....Cheap trick sucked but enjoyed the rest of them
38 Special, Loverboy, Head East and the Tubes.....All were pretty good....my daughter questioned my sanity when the Tubes hit the stage.....
Kansas and Styx....Kansas was ok. and STYX see above

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer

Post by TimeForGuinness »

I've seen Tom Petty 3 times, never disappoints...always a great show.

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

TimeForGuinness wrote:I've seen Tom Petty 3 times, never disappoints...always a great show.
Dude's been busy. An album with HBs in 14 and 15 and another with Mudcrutch coming soon. Really hopeful he adds a NW date.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

MrSaigon wrote:
TimeForGuinness wrote:I've seen Tom Petty 3 times, never disappoints...always a great show.
Dude's been busy. An album with HBs in 14 and 15 and another with Mudcrutch coming soon. Really hopeful he adds a NW date.
Plus his radio show, which he's had for several years now.

M1IRONMIKE
Well hello, pilgrim

Post by M1IRONMIKE »

i agree....I also have seen him 3 times (in Offenbach West Germany 1983, Bloomington Illinois arounf 1988 and Evensville 2013)....each show was better than the last

M1IRONMIKE
Well hello, pilgrim

Post by M1IRONMIKE »

Swirls wrote:
MrSaigon wrote:
Plus his radio show, which he's had for several years now.
Mudcrutch is playing in chillicothe illinois soon

may 29th at the Summer camp Music festival
Last edited by M1IRONMIKE on May 11 16, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Bonnie Raitt--still a great show. I think this was the third time I'd seen her.
Lorelei Ensemble (a women's chamber vocal group)--outstanding
St. Lawrence String Quartet--one of the finest string quartets in the world right now. I was blown away.

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

MrSaigon wrote:
The Mudcrutch and '14 albums are OK, but man Nobody's Children, the 15 album, I thought was really, really good. A little all over the place, but man I liked it.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

We have $20.00 lawn tickets for Tesla, REO Speedwagon and Def Leppard in August at Riverport.

WooooooooooooooOOOOO

Bring me the cold Busch beer!