GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 22 19, 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: March 1 19, 10:12 am 
Offline
Hallelujah Brother
User avatar

Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm
Posts: 13009
lukethedrifter wrote:
Jeff Tweedy solo show last night. Dude is an entertainer.

Nice setlist. Is it mostly acoustic? I can't imagine him playing "Impossible Germany" without Nels Cline.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: March 1 19, 11:09 am 
Offline
darjeeling sipping elite
User avatar

Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Posts: 37184
Location: Huis Clos
stlouie_lipp wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Jeff Tweedy solo show last night. Dude is an entertainer.

Nice setlist. Is it mostly acoustic? I can't imagine him playing "Impossible Germany" without Nels Cline.

All acoustic. He sort of goofed his way around the music breaks. Or just stopped. Or joked about changing his stance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: May 10 19, 2:44 pm 
Offline
Consider him admonished
User avatar

Joined: March 25 15, 9:59 am
Posts: 8268
Location: Charleston, SC via Arkansas
Tim wrote:
Bob Seger coming to Charleston in May
I’ll be seeing Bob Seger in May

Tonight


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: May 10 19, 2:48 pm 
Offline
darjeeling sipping elite
User avatar

Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Posts: 37184
Location: Huis Clos
X and Violent Femmes next Friday. I am counting on them still having it.


Any punk fans on here? Er, LA punk and 80s college indie rock fans anyway?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: May 13 19, 12:35 pm 
Offline
Perennial All-Star
User avatar

Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Posts: 8699
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Going to see Tool for the first time tonight! Woohoo!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: May 13 19, 12:36 pm 
Offline
Perennial All-Star
User avatar

Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Posts: 8699
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
lukethedrifter wrote:
X and Violent Femmes next Friday. I am counting on them still having it.


Any punk fans on here? Er, LA punk and 80s college indie rock fans anyway?

I like what I've heard from these bands, but I don't go out of my way to find them, either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: May 13 19, 1:00 pm 
Offline
Consider him admonished
User avatar

Joined: March 25 15, 9:59 am
Posts: 8268
Location: Charleston, SC via Arkansas
GeddyWrox wrote:
Going to see Tool for the first time tonight! Woohoo!

Jealous
Look forward to hearing how it went


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: May 13 19, 5:55 pm 
Offline
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
User avatar

Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Posts: 11574
Location: Illinois
Tim wrote:
Tim wrote:
Bob Seger coming to Charleston in May
I’ll be seeing Bob Seger in May

Tonight



How was it? I've seen him twice and he was great both times.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: May 13 19, 7:17 pm 
Offline
Consider him admonished
User avatar

Joined: March 25 15, 9:59 am
Posts: 8268
Location: Charleston, SC via Arkansas
IMADreamer wrote:
Tim wrote:
Tim wrote:
Bob Seger coming to Charleston in May
I’ll be seeing Bob Seger in May

Tonight



How was it? I've seen him twice and he was great both times.

So much fun. Hit after hit. 2 solid hours. Silver Bullet was tight and Bob’s vocals were better than I anticipated


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: May 14 19, 8:13 am 
Offline
Perennial All-Star
User avatar

Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Posts: 8699
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.
Tool put on a great show. They need to ditch the opening act and play another hour. Seriously. They left out several songs that I was shocked they didn't get to.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: InvincibleCakeEater and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group