GatewayRedbirds.com
http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/

2019 Concerts Thread (updated before luke yells at me)
http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=58464
Page 15 of 17

Author:  Tim [ May 14 19, 8:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019 Concerts Thread (updated before luke yells at me)

GeddyWrox wrote:
Tool put on a great show. They need to ditch the opening act and play another hour. Seriously. They left out several songs that I was shocked they didn't get to.

46 and 2?
Vicarious?
Hooker with a Penis?

Author:  GeddyWrox [ May 14 19, 8:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019 Concerts Thread (updated before luke yells at me)

They did 46 and 2 and Vicarious. I don't remember hearing HwaP. They also skipped Sober, of all songs. Also skipped Ticks and Leeches, which I was hoping to hear.

Author:  Freed Roger [ May 14 19, 11:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019 Concerts Thread (updated before luke yells at me)

Really enjoyed Son Volt and Jason Isbell in concert last month. The stars don't align for me very often to see concerts like this, but glad I got to one. Will bump this up in my entertainment priority list going forward.

Son Volt opening was a fairly limited set, with 25+ years of songs that isn't their format really. For instance the entirety of Trace would make a great part of a concert. It seems that Isbell has a man crush on Farrar and he obliged to open.

Farrar is a crack up how introverted he appears. Highway 61 made my night though.

Isbell kicked the proverbial ass. Covered his DBT classics in extended jam form -Never Gonna Change, and Decoration Day. Wished he played Super 8 and Outfit but that's the way it goes when you got so many great tunes He had a funny aside about having a "hit song" now and having Bradley Cooper's cell phone #.

Anyways. As mentioned I don't get out much to these and was impressed by sound quality, the depth and richness of it all with these bands. My wife enjoyed it as well, and good to share some music we both can like.

Also, a thumbs up for Louisville for a getaway and concert.

Author:  GeddyWrox [ May 14 19, 12:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019 Concerts Thread (updated before luke yells at me)

Tim wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:
Tool put on a great show. They need to ditch the opening act and play another hour. Seriously. They left out several songs that I was shocked they didn't get to.

46 and 2?
Vicarious?
Hooker with a Penis?

So, just found the full set list on reddit:

Ænema
The Pot
Parabol/a
Descending
Schism
Invincible
Jambi
Intolerance
Forty Six & 2

15 min. Intermission

CCTrip (Danny's Drum Solo)
Vicarious
(-) Ions / Stinkfist

Author:  Swirls [ May 14 19, 12:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019 Concerts Thread (updated before luke yells at me)

GeddyWrox wrote:
Tim wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:
Tool put on a great show. They need to ditch the opening act and play another hour. Seriously. They left out several songs that I was shocked they didn't get to.

46 and 2?
Vicarious?
Hooker with a Penis?

So, just found the full set list on reddit:

Ænema
The Pot
Parabol/a
Descending
Schism
Invincible
Jambi
Intolerance
Forty Six & 2

15 min. Intermission

CCTrip (Danny's Drum Solo)
Vicarious
(-) Ions / Stinkfist


The wife and I saw them a couple summers ago when they were in town and their opening act was a jazzy-ish blues band. It provided quite a bit of stark contrast to Tool themselves. The show was still fantastic though (only the second time ever that my wife has cried at a concert, and the other time was when she was 13 seeing N'SYNC).

We also saw Tool last summer at an outdoor music festival where Maynard sang on back-to-back nights. Tool was the overall Sunday night headliner, but A Perfect Circle played on Saturday night right before their headliner (Avenged Sevenfold). Only the second time ever that APC/Tool have played on back-to-back nights. I was kinda hoping that Puscifer would have played as well lol.

Author:  Tim [ May 14 19, 2:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019 Concerts Thread (updated before luke yells at me)

GeddyWrox wrote:
Tim wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:
Tool put on a great show. They need to ditch the opening act and play another hour. Seriously. They left out several songs that I was shocked they didn't get to.

46 and 2?
Vicarious?
Hooker with a Penis?

So, just found the full set list on reddit:

Ænema
The Pot
Parabol/a
Descending
Schism
Invincible
Jambi
Intolerance
Forty Six & 2

15 min. Intermission

CCTrip (Danny's Drum Solo)
Vicarious
(-) Ions / Stinkfist

Pretty salty

Author:  lukethedrifter [ May 14 19, 3:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019 Concerts Thread (updated before luke yells at me)

Freed Roger wrote:
Really enjoyed Son Volt and Jason Isbell in concert last month. The stars don't align for me very often to see concerts like this, but glad I got to one. Will bump this up in my entertainment priority list going forward.

Son Volt opening was a fairly limited set, with 25+ years of songs that isn't their format really. For instance the entirety of Trace would make a great part of a concert. It seems that Isbell has a man crush on Farrar and he obliged to open.

Farrar is a crack up how introverted he appears. Highway 61 made my night though.

Isbell kicked the proverbial ass. Covered his DBT classics in extended jam form -Never Gonna Change, and Decoration Day. Wished he played Super 8 and Outfit but that's the way it goes when you got so many great tunes He had a funny aside about having a "hit song" now and having Bradley Cooper's cell phone #.

Anyways. As mentioned I don't get out much to these and was impressed by sound quality, the depth and richness of it all with these bands. My wife enjoyed it as well, and good to share some music we both can like.

Also, a thumbs up for Louisville for a getaway and concert.



I should have seen that show.

Author:  Freed Roger [ May 14 19, 3:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019 Concerts Thread (updated before luke yells at me)

May 24th Steve Earle and Dwight Yoakam at.... Chesterfield Ampitheater? .... I dunno

Author:  go birds [ May 14 19, 6:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019 Concerts Thread (updated before luke yells at me)

here comes the patented jack flaherty meltdown inning

Author:  go birds [ May 14 19, 7:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019 Concerts Thread (updated before luke yells at me)

like clockwork.

Page 15 of 17 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/