Orlando shooting

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Re: Orlando shooting

Post by GeddyWrox »

BW23
Hall Of Famer

Post by BW23 »

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

BW23 wrote:
Shocking.
I was going to remark in jest and sarcasm font about Obama saying ISIL - but I see Rush has beat me to it, and he is serious... i feel so dirty.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/limb ... -shocking/

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

BW23 wrote:
Shocking.
Its also "shocking" that the politician who wants to ban muslims from the US also insists on using the phrase.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

In May 2014, the United States Department of State announced its decision to use "Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant" (ISIL) as the group's primary name.[66] It kept to this decision when in late June 2014 the group renamed itself ad-Dawlah al-Islāmiyah (lit. Islamic State or IS), thereby declaring itself a worldwide caliphate.[37] The name "Islamic State" and the group's claim to be a caliphate have been widely rejected, with the UN, various governments, and mainstream Muslim groups refusing to use the new name.[71][72][73][74][75][76][77][78]

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:...and wife.
I think she's kind of hot.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

lukethedrifter wrote:In May 2014, the United States Department of State announced its decision to use "Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant" (ISIL) as the group's primary name.[66] It kept to this decision when in late June 2014 the group renamed itself ad-Dawlah al-Islāmiyah (lit. Islamic State or IS), thereby declaring itself a worldwide caliphate.[37] The name "Islamic State" and the group's claim to be a caliphate have been widely rejected, with the UN, various governments, and mainstream Muslim groups refusing to use the new name.[71][72][73][74][75][76][77][78]
So ... by refusing to call them what they want to be called the Pres is kowtowing.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Something really irritates me that they keep using the term ISIL. There is some bull [expletive] going on with that. Can't put my finger on it.

redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star

Post by redbirdjazzz »

lukethedrifter wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:In May 2014, the United States Department of State announced its decision to use "Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant" (ISIL) as the group's primary name.[66] It kept to this decision when in late June 2014 the group renamed itself ad-Dawlah al-Islāmiyah (lit. Islamic State or IS), thereby declaring itself a worldwide caliphate.[37] The name "Islamic State" and the group's claim to be a caliphate have been widely rejected, with the UN, various governments, and mainstream Muslim groups refusing to use the new name.[71][72][73][74][75][76][77][78]
So ... by refusing to call them what they want to be called the Pres is kowtowing.
Gotta love the "minds" that come up with logic like that.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

I'm sure that mankind would be better off without religion. The god's that have been invented have wreaked havoc on the world. Maybe we would fight over something else, probably would I suppose. But I can't help but wonder if we might just fight less if human beings weren't so damn superstitious.