What are your 2017 goals?

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: What are your 2017 goals?

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

This is the second time I've seen mj as a dieting choice on this forum., Perhaps I need to try Dirty Warshing Machine rather than Purple Picnickolas or something, but weed makes me insatiably hungry.

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:This is the second time I've seen mj as a dieting choice on this forum., Perhaps I need to try Dirty Warshing Machine rather than Purple Picnickolas or something, but weed makes me insatiably hungry.
I think that some of the sativas/sativa-leaning hybrids, like Sour Diesel, Durban Poison, Green Crack, maybe Blue Dream, are not as prone to giving you the munchies and may even suppress appetite.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

33anda3rd wrote:Now if I were to eat one big mac I'd feel like taking a four hour nap.
I've somewhat recently realized that I'm getting old because I make eating decisions based on how I'm going to feel later. I used to live on pizza, whiskey and street narcotics and now I'm concerned about a cup of coffee or a turkey sandwich. It's adorable.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

haltz wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:Now if I were to eat one big mac I'd feel like taking a four hour nap.
I've somewhat recently realized that I'm getting old because I make eating decisions based on how I'm going to feel later. I used to live on pizza, whiskey and street narcotics and now I'm concerned about a cup of coffee or a turkey sandwich. It's adorable.
This is truth.

Very similar for me as well. Feeling better is now my priority when pizza, narcotics and booze used to rule. Damn.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:This is the second time I've seen mj as a dieting choice on this forum., Perhaps I need to try Dirty Warshing Machine rather than Purple Picnickolas or something, but weed makes me insatiably hungry.
i suppose i was being a little facetious, obviously do whatever is best for you. i personally just find weed to be way less harmful than alcohol (if we're going to allow having a relaxation vice, etc), particularly w/r/t to weight and body health (my body at least). i don't get munchies when i smoke so that's not really a problem. i like to smoke before i eat but i eat my meal and that's that, etc. again, i can only "suggest" what has worked for me and i'm constantly amazed at how detrimental alcohol is to me. it's such an antiquated stimulant/depressant (whatever) to me anymore. doing my, i don't know, 8th year of dryuary and it feels great. if weed was legal in kansas i don't know if i'd ever buy booze again.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Jocephus wrote:
i suppose i was being a little facetious, obviously do whatever is best for you. i personally just find weed to be way less harmful than alcohol (if we're going to allow having a relaxation vice, etc), particularly w/r/t to weight and body health (my body at least). i don't get munchies when i smoke so that's not really a problem. i like to smoke before i eat but i eat my meal and that's that, etc. again, i can only "suggest" what has worked for me and i'm constantly amazed at how detrimental alcohol is to me. it's such an antiquated stimulant/depressant (whatever) to me anymore. doing my, i don't know, 8th year of dryuary and it feels great. if weed was legal in kansas i don't know if i'd ever buy booze again.
I am glad I don't need either to relax. I don't allow anything to have control over me or how I feel...except my wife.