What are your 2017 goals?

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: What are your 2017 goals?

Post by CardsofSTL »

To stop living two years in the past

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I’m going to start with breakfast. Maybe some oatmeal and coffee.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

CardsofSTL wrote:To stop living two years in the past
I thought we had this thread so I searched and found it. My 17 resolutions would have been pretty much the same as 18 so I’d already replied before I saw that the thread was a year older then I intended. So I just ran with it.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

In 2018 I was 365/365 in not posting politics on Facebook. Even when the president of my country was tearing apart the most desperate families in the world and throwing their babies in cages.

I'm still working out the details, but for 19 I want the television to be on less and to not have intimate relationships with any ghosts. One of those should be easy.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Jocephus wrote:use fake meat or soak tofu in flavor juices. (re)acquire your appreciation of fresh produce. drop booze, smoke weed.

being vegetarian is super easy and you'll feel great. cutting out meat will also make your BMs better...unless you eat an earthy salad.
I like produce already, so it's not that bad. Tonight I'm making vegetarian panang curry. I'd rather eat that than a burger anyway. Also I love middle eastern food and can go eat falafel, baba ghan-however you spell it, hummus, pitas, and stuff like that. It's not that bad except I really miss being able to just house a couple slices of pepperoni pizza pain-free.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

33anda3rd wrote:
Jocephus wrote:use fake meat or soak tofu in flavor juices. (re)acquire your appreciation of fresh produce. drop booze, smoke weed.

being vegetarian is super easy and you'll feel great. cutting out meat will also make your BMs better...unless you eat an earthy salad.
I like produce already, so it's not that bad. Tonight I'm making vegetarian panang curry. I'd rather eat that than a burger anyway. Also I love middle eastern food and can go eat falafel, baba ghan-however you spell it, hummus, pitas, and stuff like that. It's not that bad except I really miss being able to just house a couple slices of pepperoni pizza pain-free.
yeah, hah...after i posted i figured/realized 33 is gonna probably be on top of things but still thought i'd give unsolicited advice that has worked for me and at the very least say that going vegetarian is so easy and they do make fake pepperoni's/meats! another aspect that i've enjoyed since cleaning up my diet and habits a year and a half ago is digestion and regularity. i do not have the aches, pains, weird feelings in my body that i used to. part of that is the exercise routine i've created for myself but i think the larger thing is what i'm putting in my body. i don't claim to know anything about nutrition but i really have been awakened to that whole idea of "what you put in your body..." and some foods and alcohol is just not worth it anymore. i see it and feel it now and i do whatever i can to avoid the bad.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Jocephus wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:

yeah, hah...after i posted i figured/realized 33 is gonna probably be on top of things but still thought i'd give unsolicited advice that has worked for me and at the very least say that going vegetarian is so easy and they do make fake pepperoni's/meats! another aspect that i've enjoyed since cleaning up my diet and habits a year and a half ago is digestion and regularity. i do not have the aches, pains, weird feelings in my body that i used to. part of that is the exercise routine i've created for myself but i think the larger thing is what i'm putting in my body. i don't claim to know anything about nutrition but i really have been awakened to that whole idea of "what you put in your body..." and some foods and alcohol is just not worth it anymore. i see it and feel it now and i do whatever i can to avoid the bad.
Yeah, dude, I feel so much better. More energy, all that. I cheat occasionally. I also feel dumb being a 45 year old dude in fairly good shape who has a cheat day in his diet. But whatever. Once in a while I eat fried chicken or a burger, like once every couple weeks, and I inevitably end up feeling lethargic and crappy afterwards. It really is remarkable how much better you can feel just by cutting the BS out of your diet. When I was young this never crossed my mind. My metabolism worked at a machine gun rate and I could eat two big macs and go play basketball and feel fine. Now if I were to eat one big mac I'd feel like taking a four hour nap.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

I can't imagine what it is like to become lethargic after eating something. I always feel energized after I eat 2 Whoppers for lunch...