Baseball cards

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Smith Corks One
All-Star

Re: Baseball cards

Post by Smith Corks One »

Radbird wrote:Any recommendations for selling vintage cards online? I see places like Dean's Cards but wondering if anyone used a site they were happy with.

I have a couple of 1963 Topps Mantles and suspect they are the most valuable. Not mint, corners a little worn but they look better than this one (no stain at least).
[SHOW]
Also have some other HoFers like Mays, F Robinson, Aaron, Banks, Brock, Gibson, Yaz, Morgan, Kaline. Even a couple of Ueckers! All from early to mid 60s.
Rad, if I were you, I would get them graded by PSA. This not only confirms their authenticity to any potential buyer, it also determines their exact condition and puts them in a nice protective holder like in that picture. No matter the condition, it will certainly upgrade the value over being ungraded. I don't know what they charge nowadays, but I think I used to pay $8-10 per card for the grading - certainly worth it for anything vintage.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Anyone collecting the 2017 Topps cards? I bought a few packs today, and I've already got a few swaps, including the John Goodman first pitch one.

Corky
Fringe Major League Player

Post by Corky »

Here are a handful of Cardinals cards that I found in a shoebox of cards that I collected a long time ago. I gave the box, mostly Yankees cards, to my son for the grandkids and himself. I don’t collect anymore. I have every team and they are in team order in the box. The oldest card is a Willie Stargell card from 1977 when he was with the Pirates. That one on the bottom that is hard to read is Mike Matheney.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Somewhere in my parents' basement there is a sealed package of like 50 Todd Zeile rookie cards that I purchased as an investment. I hope I can retire now.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

zeile and lindeman for me. i could go to the moon with those.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Fun stuff Corky. We had quite a collection amongst 6 brothers. All from just our random purchases. Spanned late 60s to mid-80s. After a while, a natural inheritance of the whole collection would get passed down. We used the heck out of them.

When I was real young, one brother and I played a pretend game -kind of like dolls, only using baseball cards instead. On the rug- Would make a stadium, a fence out of blocks and assorted toy buildings etc. Would put the cards in positions- and would have card hit a little paper wad around. Somehow it seemed like a real game.

I was a Reds fan before Cardinals-hopped on the bandwagon well in time to catch the Big Red Machine. Had about all those Reds cards. Several years ago we got rid of the whole collection -card condition was beat to heck. My brother priced out a few and it wasnt worth the effort to sell. (steroid era fallout price bust IIRC). He saved a few and gave me my treasured Johnny Bench card- it was a mess from being carried in my pocket. Somewhere I have it still.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Hereeeee's Johnny. Bench card.... found thru the magic of GRB. digitized it/posted years ago.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Near-mint condition. Beckett price is $3.75, but I'll let you have it for $2.50.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I have these at displayed on my desk. Good conversation starters:
[SHOW]
[SHOW]

Corky
Fringe Major League Player

Post by Corky »

Awesome to have those two!