OFFICIAL Poker Thread Part 2.0

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: OFFICIAL Poker Thread Part 2.0

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

During the fall season, while betting sports i found out about bovada's poker room. It leaves a ton to be desired. A TON. But, I really enjoy that they dont have stat trackers available and they seem to just stfu and let you play as if it was a cardroom. I went on a roller coaster ride, mainly because I played drunk and loose, which is a bad way to make money long term but a good way to have fun in the short run. Deposited $500 back in September and ran that up to $3100ish with only $100ish in sports book winnings.

Then thought it was free money and started playing poker sloppily and very poorly really. Just hammer hammer hammer every [expletive] card. V Stupid. Turned a +3k into a -5k in about a month. So, took a few months off, deposited another 250 and lost it immediately. Deposited another 250 and lost it immediately.

At this point I was kind of like...you know what. I may just quit. I suck. Blah blah blah. So....I did. Took a few months off. But, I really worked on looking at the hand histories and kind of figuring out holes and think I've got them mostly, eh, somewhat shored up. But, I definitely found some major + plays.

The first is after leading flop, downsizing to a nearly min sized bet on the flop. Assuming you completely missed, this obviously decreases any risk. But, not many people raised with unmade hands. There were raises and when taken to the felt they were made hands. Top pair plus type hands. But no one ever raised a second pair or 3rd pair or draw. Which made sense. Get to see the next card for cheap. And, then after a ~1BB bet on the flop that was called, when the turn bricked and was hammered for 3/4 pot or more all those hands folded.

Stay tuned for more fun findings.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

anyway that said I'm still down like 3k. But, doing well lately. I love this stuff.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

so, lets make this thread more active. does anyone still play hands where we can bounce [expletive] off each other?