GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently June 18 19, 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fyrefest 2017
PostPosted: May 2 17, 10:10 am 
Perennial All-Star

lukethedrifter wrote:
Swimming pigs?

I had to know:

Quote:
bet it’s not often that you find ourselves jealous of a pig … but that’s probably because didn’t learn yet about the swimming pigs on Big Majors Cay in the Bahamas. Nobody is quite sure how this otherwise deserted island became the home to so many pigs, but they sure seem to be having a good time.

When they’re not relaxing in the soft sand doing their best to get a tan, the pigs swim out to the boats that frequently visit the island … I mean, who would settle with a pile of salty seaweed when you can have a tasty treat from island hopping sailors?

Big Majors Cay is located in between nearly four hundred small islands in the Exuma district of the Bahamas. How the pigs got into these prime tropical waters remains a mystery. Some believe sailors put the pigs on the island as a source of meat, while others speculate that the pigs are the sole survivors of a long ago shipwreck (good thing they can piggy paddle!). Nowadays they are living the life on the aptly named Pig Beach, where they are visited daily by tourists who feed them treats. The witty pigs have it timed so they show up on the beach each day when the boats are most likely to arrive. Not a bad life if you ask me!

http://upshout.net/swimming-pigs/

PostPosted: May 2 17, 6:23 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Spider John wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Swimming pigs?

I had to know:

Quote:
bet it’s not often that you find ourselves jealous of a pig … but that’s probably because didn’t learn yet about the swimming pigs on Big Majors Cay in the Bahamas. Nobody is quite sure how this otherwise deserted island became the home to so many pigs, but they sure seem to be having a good time.

When they’re not relaxing in the soft sand doing their best to get a tan, the pigs swim out to the boats that frequently visit the island … I mean, who would settle with a pile of salty seaweed when you can have a tasty treat from island hopping sailors?

Big Majors Cay is located in between nearly four hundred small islands in the Exuma district of the Bahamas. How the pigs got into these prime tropical waters remains a mystery. Some believe sailors put the pigs on the island as a source of meat, while others speculate that the pigs are the sole survivors of a long ago shipwreck (good thing they can piggy paddle!). Nowadays they are living the life on the aptly named Pig Beach, where they are visited daily by tourists who feed them treats. The witty pigs have it timed so they show up on the beach each day when the boats are most likely to arrive. Not a bad life if you ask me!

http://upshout.net/swimming-pigs/

See-You make your own fun!

PostPosted: May 11 17, 5:25 pm 
Mayor of GRB

They're not being fired, either, so they can't collect unemployment benefits. Instead, they can continue to work as unpaid employees to help grow the dream of Fyrefest.

PostPosted: January 19 19, 4:17 pm 
Consider him admonished

Watch the documentary on Hulu that just came out, Fyre Fraud. Incredible

PostPosted: January 19 19, 8:34 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Watched the Netflix documentary without knowing much about the story (sorry, I don't follow GRB close enough I guess).

Spoiler: show
Reminds me of a Black Mirror episode

the woman in Bahamas that tackled feeding people is the only decent person featured in the film

McFarland is a Trump

PostPosted: January 19 19, 8:58 pm 
darjeeling sipping elite

I’ve decided I don’t want to watch it because I don’t give a [expletive] about the scammer and the scammees. Sometimes you miss good stuff when you prejudge.

PostPosted: January 20 19, 12:44 am 
All-Star

Firstly, it's a story that's totally worth 90 minutes of your time. Maybe evern 180--both docs.

At least give it 11 minutes (this one takes an intersting sympathetic take on the festivalgoers):

PostPosted: January 22 19, 11:08 am 
All-Star

The Moolah Theater is showing both documentaries tonight, and it's free. Just come on into the bar, I'll be in there, have a few cheap drinks too.

PostPosted: January 22 19, 12:05 pm 
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Watched them both last night. Fascinating.

PostPosted: January 22 19, 12:17 pm 
Consider him admonished

Watched both this weekend
I can’t get enough

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next