Road Rage

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Road Rage

Post by planet planet »

I'm watching a 20/20 special on road rage and it said 48% report some form of road rage. I don't think I've ever had road rage and don't understand it? Sure, I don't like almost being crashed into as much as the next guy, but I've never wanted to respond by endangering my life, the driver's life, and those around me. Perspective maybe?

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: Road Rage

Post by IMADreamer »

I've never been mad enough that I chased someone or even did anything remotely close to that. I've certainly cussed to myself though. I've seen it a time or two where someone was tailgating someone because they were pissed. One time I was in St. Louis and I was going slow because I was trying to figure out what lane to be in and this guy pulled up next and started cussing me like crazy. I just shrugged it off. No use arguing with a crazy person.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I guess it depends to what extent we're talking. I've followed closely for a very brief time and flipped the bird before. Laid on my horn for a long time when someone honked at me for not being aggressive enough turning into heavy traffic on an icy road. Never tried to run anyone off the road or anything like that.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i definitely will give a dirty look or the bird(s). i do often wonder if/when it will get me killed.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

When by myself I typically don't care. If I get mad (but not enraged) it is with the family in tow. The law of nature, I suppose.

Once I was caught in the left lane of interstate 44 with a semi in front of me and one beside me. with a guy needlessly tailing behind me trapping me in this spot and flashing his lights.

When I finally got out of this precarious spot I let the guy from behind get even with me on my left, and I had my window down flipping him the bird and telling him to F off. My kid was in the car,....oh and so was my sweet mother-in-law.

I apologized to my mother-in-law - at the time she told me I was justified in my action. My wife wasn't with me in the car, but she heard all about it lol. It just doesn't do any good.

The silent treatment is best, in almost all circumstances.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

few things in this world fuel my rage more than some dickhole lollygaggin in the left lane of the interstate. ya know...the passing lane. I always make it a point to stare them down as im passing them IN THE RIGHT LANE.

It's a weird phenomenon im noticing more and more these days and I'm not sure why it is all of a sudden an epidemic.

It will probably get me killed one of these days.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

When I see someone THAT angry because something happens during driving I just laugh at them.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

I cuss and yell at the other cars but knowing that when my windows are closed they aren't going to be able to hear me, basically my way of harmlessly releasing any tension of the day.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I wouldn't road rage at all if everyone else would just learn how to drive.