Wristwatches

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Re: Wristwatches

Post by cardinalkarp »

tlombard wrote:
wart57 wrote:I love watches so much I actually have been contemplating doing this...

https://www.watchgang.com/
Thanks for that link. I'd never heard of that before. I am extremely tempted to go with the mid tier option. I don't think I can quite afford that upper tier and if I'm going to have a watch collection (which I would like even if I still wear my Zenwatch daily) then I want it to be a bit higher end than the lowest tier.

I just don't have a use for that many watches that honestly, I probably won't like most of the time (some of them looked pretty damn cheap). IMO, save your money for a year and buy yourself and nice $1200 watch.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

haltz wrote:I got an unfortunate drunken tattoo on my wrist years ago that's since been covered up,
Glad to hear you got that swastika covered, haltz.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

cardinalkarp wrote:
tlombard wrote:
wart57 wrote:I love watches so much I actually have been contemplating doing this...

Thanks for that link. I'd never heard of that before. I am extremely tempted to go with the mid tier option. I don't think I can quite afford that upper tier and if I'm going to have a watch collection (which I would like even if I still wear my Zenwatch daily) then I want it to be a bit higher end than the lowest tier.

I just don't have a use for that many watches that honestly, I probably won't like most of the time (some of them looked pretty damn cheap). IMO, save your money for a year and buy yourself and nice $1200 watch.
I think the only way to get me to do anything these days is to get me to sign up for something stupid like this. I've been wanting to buy a nice watch for awhile now and just never get around to it. I'm like that with so many things. I constantly get side tracked by some other idea or desire before I follow through on the last one. The only way I get a watch collection is through a service like this!

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

Michael wrote:
haltz wrote:I got an unfortunate drunken tattoo on my wrist years ago that's since been covered up,
Glad to hear you got that swastika covered, haltz.
Well now it's back en vogue. I can't win

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

tlombard wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
tlombard wrote:

I think the only way to get me to do anything these days is to get me to sign up for something stupid like this. I've been wanting to buy a nice watch for awhile now and just never get around to it. I'm like that with so many things. I constantly get side tracked by some other idea or desire before I follow through on the last one. The only way I get a watch collection is through a service like this!
You can always sell the ones you don't like too... or re-gift them.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

wart57 wrote:
tlombard wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
tlombard wrote:

You can always sell the ones you don't like too... or re-gift them.
Yep! My family hasn't exchanged gifts for years but if I do sign up for that program won't they be surprised when they all get watches for their birthdays and Christmas out of nowhere.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Interesting link and idea. Like karp said, I just don't have use for a watch a month. I'm loving my current one, and am looking to eventually get a more formal watch. Instead of spending $30/month on a bunch of cheap ones hoping one I like pops up, I could just save a few months and get one for $100-$200 or so. Sure, one can regift, but after a year or so, everyone I would theoretically get a watch for would already have one.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Just caught this guy on sale. Jumped on it. Probably not the most traditional "formal" watch, but I'm not the most formal-looking guy, so it fits. I might wear it a lot casually too. Spoiler due to pic size.
[SHOW]

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

TheoSqua wrote:Fossil has a bunch of hybrid smartwatches that are basical your average watch that has some minor features and bluetooth connectivity. They're fairly affordable and seem like fairly nice watches for the price. I'm strongly contemplating buying one: https://www.fossil.com/us/en/wearable-t ... tches.html
Thanks something like this may be on my Christmas list now

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Would love to have this watch but can’t find it anywhere.