Wristwatches

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
wart57
just can't quit you.

Re: Wristwatches

Post by wart57 »

Next new watch..

Original List Price is $599 - on sale for $59.99 - but none in stock.

The luminous dial is actually quite striking.

Nice heavy weight watch - Citizen movement.

I like this one a lot as well.

3 watches - a total of $90.00 - I like all three so far.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I finally decided to update my watch "collection". For a causal watch I went with a Hamilton Khaki field watch (same strap):
[SHOW]
For work I have two watches I wear depending on my shoe and belt color. I have my dad's recently serviced gold 1960's Omega Seamaster with a brown strap:
[SHOW]
I also purchased a Nomos Tangente 35 with a black strap:
[SHOW]
The Nomos also works as a dressier casual watch.

I think this is a pretty good 3 watch combination. Obviously my dad's watch is my favorite.

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

Those are really nice Michael

Edit: that nomos is $2k!?

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I like wearing nicer watches, but I went with a FitBit Blaze a couple of years ago then had trouble going away from a smartwatch / fitness tracker. The idea of counting steps/calories/activity is a bit silly really, but for some reason I still like keeping tabs on it. I really liked being able to get texts, calendar appointments, etc. on my wrist instead of having to pull my phone out each time--even with the more limited functionality of the Blaze. I upgraded the band to a SS band for work purposes, so it really wasn't bad looking.

Anyway, I decided it was time to upgrade on the smartwatch end. I like the functionality of Apple watches, but I don't like how they've just stuck with the same rectangular design that screams "I'm an Apple Watch". With the 4's coming out keeping the same old design, I've moved on. I went with the TicWatch Pro. Normally a decent deal at $250, then they recently had them at $175 on Thanksgiving (still $50 off at Amazon if you apply the coupon). So far I've really liked it. Integration with my iPhone hasn't been as great as with an Android device, but you still retain compatibility with your calendar, texts/iMessages, etc. Huge library of watch faces to find both a look you like, and the information you want displayed (steps, heart rate, weather, calendar appointments, etc.). The watch itself is a bit larger than I'd normally buy (having smaller wrists), but it still isn't bad. I've paired it with a SS band and you can't really tell that it is a smartwatch.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

MAGA wrote:Those are really nice Michael

Edit: that nomos is $2k!?
Eh... yeah it's expensive. I paid around $1350 shipped from a place in Berlin which is an awesome deal for the watch.

I love it and IMO the bauhaus styling will never go out of fashion. Although I spent a lot I think the quality really shows on my wrist. I plan on wearing this watch for many years so I figure I might as well get something I love even if it's a silly amount of money.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Popeye_Card wrote:The watch itself is a bit larger than I'd normally buy (having smaller wrists), but it still isn't bad.
I have the same issue. Dress watches and leather (not link) straps are your friends.

Along with my dress watches, that Hamilton Kahki I posted above is a favorite for men with small wrists looking for a casual watch.
Last edited by Michael on November 26 18, 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

I like the Ticwatch a lot - I may need to look in to that...

I just got a new watch from Watchgang - I had suspended it for a while - didn't like the last one I got, so I held off a few months.

I like this one a lot - very light weight and comfortable...

I may look to get a black band to go with it.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

You should get a james bond style nato strap with that watch, wart.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Michael wrote:You should get a james bond style nato strap with that watch, wart.

I like it!

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

That sort of advice makes the subscription fees worthwhile.