Black Friday/Holiday Shopping

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Re: Black Friday/Holiday Shopping

Post by Diddy »

IMADreamer wrote:Didn't buy anything. Have no idea what to get my gf. She's into hiking, yoga, and meditation. She's otherwise a minimalist.
My wife is really into essential oils for health and wellness she might like something like that. Just make sure and get real oils not synthetic ones. She uses doTERRA brand.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Diddy wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:Didn't buy anything. Have no idea what to get my gf. She's into hiking, yoga, and meditation. She's otherwise a minimalist.
My wife is really into essential oils for health and wellness she might like something like that. Just make sure and get real oils not synthetic ones. She uses doTERRA brand.
Your and mine both. Man she is buying a lot of doTERRA lately. I don't want to know how much she is spending.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Didn't get any gifts. Have those mostly wrapped up. (hah! puns!) Bought a couple of pairs of pants that I have been needing for work, (and had targeted, waiting for a sale) a watch and a sports coat to replace one that is too big. Also bought a cardigan. Exciting stuff, let me tell you!

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

JCShutout wrote:Didn't get any gifts. Have those mostly wrapped up. (hah! puns!) Bought a couple of pairs of pants that I have been needing for work, (and had targeted, waiting for a sale) a watch and a sports coat to replace one that is too big. Also bought a cardigan. Exciting stuff, let me tell you!
I've pretty much only shopped for myself ha ha.

For work clothes I buy a lot of stuff from banana republic. The quality is so so, but sometimes they have killer sales that make shopping there worth it. Right now they have 50% off plus an extra 10% off for CC holders like myself. I also stacked an additional $40 in promos. Today I spent like $330 dollars online at BR and pretty much replenished my work wardrobe. That's over $750 worth of stuff if there wasn't a sale.

I also purchased a cardigan for the office.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Google play is offering 4 free mos to new subs here.

I've been a sub for years and I love it.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

I recently bought my first house and got talked into hosting family for turkey day in exchange for free painting and light remodeling help. Spent a whole bunch of money at Lowe's but none of it was on sale or BF specific. I'm pretty much broke now and won't be buying any frivolous BS for a while, but feel a lot better about my house.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Michael wrote:Google play is offering 4 free mos to new subs here.

I've been a sub for years and I love it.
I'll second this recommendation.

Recently I've started to get smarter about my use of it and I generally just keep one playlist on my phone and during the day at work I'll poke around the new releases and just look for new music in general and then when I find things I like, I'll add it to the playlist so that when I leave work, the music is already on my phone. I have unlimited data so I don't need to actually keep it stored on my phone but for some reason I prefer to have the playlist downloaded instead of constantly streaming and using data. There is no legitimate reason for this either. I'm just weird and fully acknowledge that.

Edit to add: I guess that making sure things were downloaded started the other summer when I started using an old phone as a music phone for the boat. Since cell coverage is not reliable at the lake, I started saving playlists to the phone and it was really nice to know that anything I added during the week would just be available down at the lake without me doing anything other than making sure the phone was charged and connected to wi-fi for a few minutes before leaving so that it would have time to download the new music.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Michael wrote:I've been a sub for years and I love it.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

ghostrunner wrote:
Michael wrote:I've been a sub for years and I love it.
Plus plus

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

I should've thrown a Leatherbottoms reference in there.