Signs you are getting old

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Socnorb11
The Last Word

Re: Signs you are getting old

Post by Socnorb11 »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:Good lord, millennial; you're in the front row, six goddam feet from Kendrick Lamar--and you're going to watch him through you're goddam cell phone?!!? Like you were on your couch watching youtube? When are you going to live this incredible moment, if not right now? That profound energy of connecting with a performer--I just doubt it's possible through an iPhone, especially all models 7 and below.

As soon as I'm selling out arenas (shouldn't be long), I'm going to bring the show to a screeching halt and make a show out of kicking that millennial out and bringing a millennial from the 300s down. ...and then probably having to repeat the process until the venue tells me it's getting too expensive to turn the lights on and off all night.

Quality rant.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

We actually have plans for both tonight and tomorrow night, and I promised my FIL I'd help him with a project for a bit tomorrow. I'm not sure I'm up for all of this, but I'm not sure when I can fit in a nap.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

I look at the tabloid covers in the checkout line and don't have any idea who these people are. "Celebrities" my ass.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

One of my former students from maybe twelve years ago is now a college professor. She was reading a scholarly paper as a conference at my institution, so I dropped in to pay my respects. She's first-generation college, and her family is so proud of her that they all came from central Kentucky to hear her speak. I got a chance to meet them, which was really nice.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

sighyoung wrote:One of my former students from maybe twelve years ago is now a college professor. She was reading a scholarly paper as a conference at my institution, so I dropped in to pay my respects. She's first-generation college, and her family is so proud of her that they all came from central Kentucky to hear her speak. I got a chance to meet them, which was really nice.
Sigh is conflating "signs you are getting old" with "signs you are making a difference". Well done sir!

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Signs I'm not getting old: Going to the 11 p.m. screening of "Black Panther" tonight followed by a run to Walmart that surely will come around 1:30 a.m.

Signs I am getting old: the Walmart run is for dog food, dog treats, razor blades and a present for a baby shower.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

That you didn’t think going to Walmart (regardless of what you were purchasing) after the movie was enough of a sign is a sign

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

I'm finally convinced we need to buy a snowblower (but not until we can get an end-of-season clearance deal). I've moved from appreciating the shoveling workout to cursing my sore back.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Was watching a Seinfeld rerun last night. It was "The Masseuse" episode where Jerry tries to force his girlfriend (the masseuse) to give him a massage. It was clearly mocking date rape and I thought no way this could air today. So I hit the info button and saw it premiered in 1993. I did the math and realized that was 25 years ago. When I think of shows that aired 25 years ago I think of M*A*S*H., not Seinfeld.