Signs you are getting old

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Re: Signs you are getting old

Post by Gashouse »

pop_haines wrote:I yelled at a cloud today.
:D

with 6+ inches of snow today and a partial snow day in April - a lot of people are yelling at clouds today.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

stlouie_lipp wrote:Was watching a Seinfeld rerun last night. It was "The Masseuse" episode where Jerry tries to force his girlfriend (the masseuse) to give him a massage. It was clearly mocking date rape and I thought no way this could air today. So I hit the info button and saw it premiered in 1993. I did the math and realized that was 25 years ago. When I think of shows that aired 25 years ago I think of M*A*S*H., not Seinfeld.
kinda related:

https://www.thewrap.com/the-sandlot-25t ... ow-photos/

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

pop_haines wrote:I yelled at a cloud today.

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

I turned 32 recently and I woke up a few days ago sore. Apparently I pinched a nerve in my lower back or something and i've been really stiff and getting a shooting pain down one of my legs for the last few days.

It's getting better, but really slowly. And what did I do to cause this? Apparently I just slept funny or something.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

TheoSqua wrote:I turned 32 recently and I woke up a few days ago sore. Apparently I pinched a nerve in my lower back or something and i've been really stiff and getting a shooting pain down one of my legs for the last few days.

It's getting better, but really slowly. And what did I do to cause this? Apparently I just slept funny or something.
Rookie.

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

pop_haines wrote:Sounds like you may have sciatica, Theo.
I looked it up and that sounds about right. Thankfully it's not serious so it should heal on its own.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

TheoSqua wrote:
pop_haines wrote:Sounds like you may have sciatica, Theo.
I looked it up and that sounds about right. Thankfully it's not serious so it should heal on its own.
I had that

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

My work league had our first week last night and I'm feeling it today. We only had 10 players and we scored a lot. I managed to score every plate appearance except for my last one where I got forced at third. We scored 38 runs in the two games.

That was a lot of running for my old butt especially when everybody else on my team is a lot younger. I think I was the oldest one on our team by a decade. I am 15 years or more older than every one of our ladies last night. I'm getting to that point where I am old enough to be the father of a couple of the ladies on our team if I was having children at 16.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

I moved some very heavy furniture down from the second story on Sunday - I am still in pain.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

wart57 wrote:I moved some very heavy furniture down from the second story on Sunday - I am still in pain.
It is also a sign you are getting old when you consider this to be heavy furniture