Signs you are getting old

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
tlombard
tl;dr

Re: Signs you are getting old

Post by tlombard »

This is actually happening tomorrow. If anybody is bored tomorrow night, come up to Time Out at 4140 Gravois and take a shot at winning this trophy. Rumor has it that the bar may also be tossing in a free bottle of liquor to the winner to sweeten the pot a little more as well. Tournament will start about 8 or so.

letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star

Post by letsgocards89 »

When you're at teh Baseball Hall of Fame watching a video of THE game 6 and some 10-ish year old in front of you says to his dad, "Pujols used to play for the Cardinals?"

UGH

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I fell on my butt Sunday and am still not fully recovered. I think I might have come pretty close to breaking my tailbone but luckily I didn't, just bruised I guess.

My mom's husband has a cabin down on the Bourbeuse River and I spent the long weekend down there with them and some other people. It was a lot of fun except for the part Sunday afternoon when two young girls wanted to kayak and struggled. Things ended up with one of them tipped over and their mom trying to help her get to safety (the girls had life jackets on). Long story short one second I was standing up on the ramp and the next both of my feet slipped out from under me at the same time and I went straight down, landing on my tailbone in a sitting position on the concrete. At the time I really thought I broke my tailbone but thankfully I didn't. The people who saw it kept asking if I was really OK over and over the rest of the night because they didn't believe I didn't hurt myself worse.

Sitting was a bit uncomfortable for a bit but after a few hours the only issue was the act of sitting down or standing up. Sitting is fine. Standing and moving around are fine. That transition is still a bit uncomfortable though. Thankfully today is a lot better than yesterday. Once I got home, took a shower and spent the rest of the evening laying on the couch things got a lot better.

Much better today than even yesterday so hopefully I'll be all ready to go for the company golf tournament on Saturday!

Sutter'sBeard
is the oscar meyer weiner kid

Post by Sutter'sBeard »

Just now I opened a can of diet coke. When I sat it down on my desk, there was another can already there that I opened no more than 5 minutes ago. I think I had taken one drink from it. Guess I could blame the aspartame instead of aging.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I'm in the same spot but at least I didn't open the second bottle. I bought another one with lunch and when I got back to my desk, the one from this morning was still 3/4 full.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Wrox Jr #1 drove on the streets of our town for the very first time this weekend. He didn't kill anyone, and the car is still in one piece.

Damn I'm getting old.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

The Cardinals just drafted someone born in 2000 y'all. 2000.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

JCShutout wrote:The Cardinals just drafted someone born in 2000 y'all. 2000.
Tell me about it. My last child just graduated high school (born in 2000) and there are three rug rats that come to this house and call me 'grandpa'. I still ask them 'Who's that?!?'

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

FAU has an outfielder with the last name Conine.

It's Jeff Conine's kid.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Tim wrote:FAU has an outfielder with the last name Conine.

It's Jeff Conine's kid.
On the same tack - was the #1 pick a relative of Johnny Mize?