Signs you are getting old

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: Signs you are getting old

Post by CardsofSTL »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:I just deleted my LinkedIn account. The only people I need to network with are friends and family.
That's not a sign of age; it is a sign of being antisocial. Welcome to the club.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

CardsofSTL wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:I just deleted my LinkedIn account. The only people I need to network with are friends and family.
That's not a sign of age; it is a sign of being antisocial. Welcome to the club.
If I was antisocial, I'd delete my Facebook account.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
If I was antisocial, I'd delete my Facebook account.
[expletive] Facebook

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

I am older than the parents of many NFL MLB stars. i.e. Patrick Mahomes

Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

Freed Roger wrote:I am older than the parents of many NFL MLB stars. i.e. Patrick Mahomes
If you were born the year I graduated from high school, you are old enough to be retired from pro sports.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Rae Carruth was on my fantasy football team in 1999 when he was charged with conspiring to kill his pregnant girlfriend. He was released from prison today after serving 18 years.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

stlouie_lipp wrote:Rae Carruth was on my fantasy football team in 1999 when he was charged with conspiring to kill his pregnant girlfriend. He was released from prison today after serving 18 years.
pick him back up! he's available in my league!

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

stlouie_lipp wrote:Rae Carruth was on my fantasy football team in 1999 when he was charged with conspiring to kill his pregnant girlfriend. He was released from prison today after serving 18 years.
That's amazing.

So I'm watching Monday Night Football tonight (Giants/Falcons) and they are all about this car called Genesis. Genesis is the official luxury car brand of the NFL, etc. Huh? What? Is this a car now?

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

G. Keenan wrote:
That's amazing.

So I'm watching Monday Night Football tonight (Giants/Falcons) and they are all about this car called Genesis. Genesis is the official luxury car brand of the NFL, etc. Huh? What? Is this a car now?
It is made by Hyundai and I actually got picked up in one through Uber heading to the bar for a Saturday afternoon/evening of drinking and it was pretty darn nice. I was impressed because I hadn't thought Hyundai capable of putting something like that out there.

Correction: I just found out that Hyundai has spun the Genesis off into it's own brand now. I did not know that.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »