Signs you are getting old

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Re: Signs you are getting old

Post by Freed Roger »

Had to choose a Sunday afternoon to get air in my tires. And of course had to choose Quick Trip because it is free and kept in working order.... And of course every other old guy in mid-county was doing the same.

Went by 3 times and occupied by old [expletive] that looked like they were making a day of getting air in their tires. dicks.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Freed Roger wrote:Had to choose a Sunday afternoon to get air in my tires. And of course had to choose Quick Trip because it is free and kept in working order.... And of course every other old guy in mid-county was doing the same.

Went by 3 times and occupied by old [expletive] that looked like they were making a day of getting air in their tires. dicks.
That's probably because it's the only air machine that actually works. Stopped at four places this morning before finding one that was operational.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Am feeling better about the the tire pressure thing. Yeah, my obsession with properly inflated tires for free shows I am getting older, but my inability to pull off the task shows I am not yet in the club.

Well, I'll just have to swing by on the way to the gym tonight. Monday is core work night. Or perhaps I do it tomorrow AM as I zip in for my cheap coffee at McDonalds.
Last edited by Freed Roger on March 11 19, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sutter'sBeard
is the oscar meyer weiner kid

Post by Sutter'sBeard »

I now sometimes make that old man grunt sound when I get out of a chair.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:Had to choose a Sunday afternoon to get air in my tires. And of course had to choose Quick Trip because it is free and kept in working order.... And of course every other old guy in mid-county was doing the same.

That's probably because it's the only air machine that actually works. Stopped at four places this morning before finding one that was operational.
You ought to be old enough to know better than to try those other places.

Those other places make me MAD!!!

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

Wouldn't it be less of a hassle to just use a bike pump?

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Arthur Dent wrote:Wouldn't it be less of a hassle to just use a bike pump?
Don't you try to out think us, punk

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

I switched to a portable air compressor/pump that can be plugged into the car's charger or an outlet, and it's worked beautifully.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

sighyoung wrote:I switched to a portable air compressor/pump that can be plugged into the car's charger or an outlet, and it's worked beautifully.
Mywife's got one in her car and I will second this recommendation. In fact, used it just yesterday to air up garden wagon tires.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
sighyoung wrote:I switched to a portable air compressor/pump that can be plugged into the car's charger or an outlet, and it's worked beautifully.
Mywife's got one in her car and I will second this recommendation. In fact, used it just yesterday to air up garden wagon tires.
Any recommendation on the brand, guys?