Moviepass

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
wart57
just can't quit you.

Re: Moviepass

Post by wart57 »

Saw a report on the local news last night where customers are having their membership terminated for going to 3d movies instead of the regular 2d. Had not heard about the buying concessions part.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/movie ... 2018-02-09

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Another interesting thing I saw is that it looks like theaters may be looking to get more from Moviepass. I went to a movie last week with my wife. I have Moviepass, she doesn't. When I looked at our stubs, the sale price on her ticket was $9.50. Mine was $11.35.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:Another interesting thing I saw is that it looks like theaters may be looking to get more from Moviepass. I went to a movie last week with my wife. I have Moviepass, she doesn't. When I looked at our stubs, the sale price on her ticket was $9.50. Mine was $11.35.
I think I'm gonna sign up. They're doing a year subscription for $8/month. My wife enjoys movies, but she hates people in general, so we tend to just wait for them to come to video and watch them at home. We only see 1-2 movies in theaters per year. I have a lot more free time than she does, and love seeing movies at the theater, so I'll probably get it and that way I can help weed out movies that she thinks she might like but probably wouldn't end up liking.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i yearn to find a woman that also hates people in general

and smokes pot

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Jocephus wrote:i yearn to find a woman that also hates people in general

and smokes pot
It's ironic, because she works in PR. She literally has to get paid in order for her to willingly talk to people.

We find it rather funny that she's the extremely introverted PR person and I'm the extremely extroverted nuclear engineer.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Swirls wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:Another interesting thing I saw is that it looks like theaters may be looking to get more from Moviepass. I went to a movie last week with my wife. I have Moviepass, she doesn't. When I looked at our stubs, the sale price on her ticket was $9.50. Mine was $11.35.
I think I'm gonna sign up. They're doing a year subscription for $8/month. My wife enjoys movies, but she hates people in general, so we tend to just wait for them to come to video and watch them at home. We only see 1-2 movies in theaters per year. I have a lot more free time than she does, and love seeing movies at the theater, so I'll probably get it and that way I can help weed out movies that she thinks she might like but probably wouldn't end up liking.
I'm enjoying it. I generally go to the late show Friday night after getting off work. Unless it's Star Wars, Black Panther, something like that, it's usually not crowded. Then occasionally go on a weekend too if there's a movie both my wife and I want to see (not common.) When my vacation starts in a few weeks I hope to go a couple times.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Swirls wrote:

Go on Wednesday nights. We do that a lot and many times we have been the only two people in the theater. It's nice.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

IMADreamer wrote:
Swirls wrote:

Go on Wednesday nights. We do that a lot and many times we have been the only two people in the theater. It's nice.
Well, this semester the only nights she actually has free are Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Those are spent usually doing homework. She has class Monday and Thursday nights, and Tuesdays and Fridays are spent for chiro/PT appointments and with her horse at the barn she's boarded at.

I don't cram 41 hours of stuff per day into my daily planner like she does, so I have most evenings free throughout the week (although I usually go with her to the barn so we can actually see each other for at least a couple hours during the week).

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Is she studying Misanthropology?

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

MBA from MO-Rolla.