Travel? Favourite countries?

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
wart57
just can't quit you.

Re: Travel? Favourite countries?

Post by wart57 »

AussieKurt wrote:
wart57 wrote:
AussieKurt wrote:
heyzeus wrote:You're a Spurs fan, too?

I think you might be a better American than most Americans.
Spurs are my lads. Dad and I were/are Timmy fans from way back so we couldn't say no to that team
I am a Suns fan, so now I have to hate you. Sorry, nothing personal. :cool:
I miss Nashty :(
Me too. The team has sucked since he left. No playoffs in 8 years. They may get the top pick, but they are the Suns, so most likely will get pick #4.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

The Suns are f'd until Sarver sells the team. That guy is the worst. I sat next to him at a game once. He and his gf/wife/whatever just gossiped about Steve Nash the whole time while a dismal Kings team whipped them up and down the court.

Edit - I should clarify that he isn't the worst because of that. He's the worst because he makes terrible hires, meddles in personnel decisions, and took five years too long to embrace a rebuild tank.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

thrill wrote:The Suns are f'd until Sarver sells the team. That guy is the worst. I sat next to him at a game once. He and his gf/wife/whatever just gossiped about Steve Nash the whole time while a dismal Kings team whipped them up and down the court.

Edit - I should clarify that he isn't the worst because of that. He's the worst because he makes terrible hires, meddles in personnel decisions, and took five years too long to embrace a rebuild tank.
Sarver needs to go. The Suns will suck until he goes...

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

AussieKurt wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
heyzeus wrote:You're a Spurs fan, too?

I think you might be a better American than most Americans.
Many Australians are.
I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a good thing or not haha

Why are we better Americans?
It's a great thing.

And actually I was just drowsily trolling heyzeus because he deserves it.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

AussieKurt
AA Minor League Player

Post by AussieKurt »

Haha thats good to go ^

IMO Yanks have been mis-represtented. I guess everything is cliches and generalisations.

My experiences in LA, SF, Chicago, DC, Baltimore, Philly and Boston were nothing but amazing. NYC weren't rude, just were umm busy I guess. Everyone was sooo nice, so helpful, so generous. I also play ball with US Marines fairly often and once again, super polite, super nice dudes, always invite me in to play with them.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

I want to go to India. I deal with a lot of counties at work and India is by far the most challenging. And frankly frustrating. It’s often hard to understand their approach and logic in what they present to me - just a foreign thought process (pun not intended). I wish I could go there on business now, the thought being that working with the team in person would help me understand and end up benefiting both of us. That likely won’t happen but I still want to go eventually to experience a totally different culture and society.

AussieKurt
AA Minor League Player

Post by AussieKurt »

Radbird wrote:I want to go to India. I deal with a lot of counties at work and India is by far the most challenging. And frankly frustrating. It’s often hard to understand their approach and logic in what they present to me - just a foreign thought process (pun not intended). I wish I could go there on business now, the thought being that working with the team in person would help me understand and end up benefiting both of us. That likely won’t happen but I still want to go eventually to experience a totally different culture and society.
My parents recently went and they definitely enjoyed the experience but said they'd never go back.

I know what you mean though. I've worked at an Indian company and it can be .. complex

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

ghostrunner wrote:
Rome was the biggest disappointment. Great food, but it kind of just felt like being in any big city. The ruins and the Coliseum are just kinda ok. Nimes, France actually has a better variety of intact Roman architecture. There's a smaller coliseum that's still used, a temple, and a big aqueduct outside of town. Very walkable too. Rome is definitely not.

In general, the more walkable the better. If I went back or took a similar trip I'd probably stick mostly to smaller cities.
Give Rome another chance. I bet you were just in a funk at that point of your trip.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

So, I just got word that I get to go to my company's Barcelona office in June. My first time going out of the country except for a couple cruises in international waters.

I'm going to go a day early and do a tour of the city, and I'm sure I will get to see a little bit in the evenings, but by and large, I'll be there to work so I won't get to experience it fully. I'm excited to go, but a little bummed that I'll be in Europe and really only get to see it for 1 day.