Carvana

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star

Carvana

Post by Secret Weapon »

Has anybody bought a car from Carvana before? Apparently they drop the car off at your house, you can drive it for 7 days and if you don't like it you can have them pick it up and get a refund. Seems better than a dealership...

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: Carvana

Post by CardsofSTL »

Sounds like some sort of hippie nonsense.

Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star

Post by Secret Weapon »

Well I bought a car online after a few drinks and I gotta say it has been a much better process than the standard dealership. If the car is what I expect when it is delivered, I will 100% only buy cars this way going forward. (unless they go out of business, I've read they are growing but still losing money)

Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star

Post by Secret Weapon »

Ok they just dropped off the car and all I had to do was sign a few papers. This is the only way I'll buy a car from now on. Best car buying experience I've ever had.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I kinda have to laugh. Now we're too lazy to go to a car dealership.

But seriously, this is a service I would consider.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Michael wrote:I kinda have to laugh. Now we're too lazy to go to a car dealership.

But seriously, this is a service I would consider.
Yeah - not to have to be subjected to the salesman and then the finance guy high pressuring all the adds on? I'd love that.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

man, i just don't know...i have to test drive a car first. did you test drive a the dealership first, and then buy online later?

Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star

Post by Secret Weapon »

I went on a few test drives but actually the car I got wasn't one of them. There aren't a whole bunch of hybrid type vehicles on the lots of dealers in Mid-Missouri, so the selection on Carvana was much better.

But even the test drive process is brutal. They make you sit down and get all your info/fill out a profile sheet, they've gotta find the right car, you've gotten listen to their whole sales pitch during the drive, then when it's over and you want to leave you get the hard push, they want to go over the numbers, get a value of your trade in, have you talk to their manager, do whatever they can to sell you the car that day, even after you tell them all you want to do is go for a test drive.

Basically Carvana gives you a 7 day test drive, to really see what the car is like during your daily commute. If it turns out you don't like it, you can swap it out or return it no questions asked and get a full refund.