Hurrican Florence

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: Hurrican Florence

Post by lukethedrifter »

ghostrunner wrote:Assuming this is real. Driven this way many times.

It’s real.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

do we have a [expletive] CAFOs thread? ... Flooding has killed estim 5500 pigs and 3.4 million chickens/turkey

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Freed Roger wrote:do we have a [expletive] CAFOs thread? ... Flooding has killed estim 5500 pigs and 3.4 million chickens/turkey

There is also a danger with the refuse lagoons over flowing. Pig poop everywhere.

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

IMADreamer wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:do we have a [expletive] CAFOs thread? ... Flooding has killed estim 5500 pigs and 3.4 million chickens/turkey

There is also a danger with the refuse lagoons over flowing. Pig poop everywhere.
That's hogwash!

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

My nephew lives in Jacksonville. They evacuated and came home to find extensive damage caused mainly by a tree crashing into his house, letting the rain pour in. He was looking for temporary housing, asking if anyone could take his animals when he talked to the neighbor across the street. No damage to his house but he said he’d had enough and was moving back to Raleigh. Long story short the guy is letting him rent until house is repaired. So he’ll be across the street with his animals while his house is being repaired.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Radbird wrote:My nephew lives in Jacksonville. They evacuated and came home to find extensive damage caused mainly by a tree crashing into his house, letting the rain pour in. He was looking for temporary housing, asking if anyone could take his animals when he talked to the neighbor across the street. No damage to his house but he said he’d had enough and was moving back to Raleigh. Long story short the guy is letting him rent until house is repaired. So he’ll be across the street with his animals while his house is being repaired.
Awesome.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
Radbird wrote:My nephew lives in Jacksonville. They evacuated and came home to find extensive damage caused mainly by a tree crashing into his house, letting the rain pour in. He was looking for temporary housing, asking if anyone could take his animals when he talked to the neighbor across the street. No damage to his house but he said he’d had enough and was moving back to Raleigh. Long story short the guy is letting him rent until house is repaired. So he’ll be across the street with his animals while his house is being repaired.
Awesome.
Yeah, that's really great.