Parking tickets

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Re: Parking tickets

Post by JackofDiamonds »

go birds wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:If it's not from the PD their only remedy is civil. If it is the lot for your apartment you might want to check your lease. Not following the rules and regulations or non-payment of fines is often a breach and grounds for lease termination (or gives them the right to boot). Obviously they can't evict your parents, but just a heads up for future tickets. I'd just pay it...karma and what not.

I don't think there is a contractual obligation to pay the ticket with as far as the lease is concerned. They aren't that savvy. Besides, I just moved out so good luck finding me suckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean im gonna just pay the fine, but i feel like i have an argument here against paying it. It's just principle really. I'm trying to fight the good fight for the common man here.

Private corp's shouldn't feel entitled to enforce civil violations
I mean.... anytime your side of the good fight is that you should have been able to use the handicap parking spot, it's probably not a good fight.

-go birds

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

When go cards' parents end up in a federal PMITA penitentiary, Lipp's legal fees are going to be exponentially higher than just paying the ticket.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Buy the building and evict the bastards that wrote the ticket

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

heyzeus wrote: My usual caveat is that I'm only licensed to practice law in Texas, and I'm not a parking lot lawyer, and I'm definitely not your parking lot lawyer.
Would you like to be my lawyer zeus? I can give you odds of approximately 28% that you will be subpoenaed by a special prosecutor and get to write a tell all book that will set you up for life? In exchange for that I need you to work pro bono and do a lot of shady shildt.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

CardsofSTL wrote:
heyzeus wrote: My usual caveat is that I'm only licensed to practice law in Texas, and I'm not a parking lot lawyer, and I'm definitely not your parking lot lawyer.
Would you like to be my lawyer zeus? I can give you odds of approximately 28% that you will be subpoenaed by a special prosecutor and get to write a tell all book that will set you up for life? In exchange for that I need you to work pro bono and do a lot of shady shildt.
I see how this worked out for Michael Cohen and Saul Goodman. I don't want to wind up the manager of a Cinnabon in Omaha OR taking a plea deal in federal court. So...uh, how much do book deals go for these days?

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Can we know how much the ticket is for?

Just curious.

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

G. Keenan wrote:Can we know how much the ticket is for?

Just curious.
My guess is $25

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

HIS DOG COULD HAVE DIED OF WET HAIR

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

$85