'Red Dirt Country' - A new adventure

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Re: 'Red Dirt Country' - A new adventure

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Leroy wrote:
mikechamp wrote:Hey, are you going to get a chance to look over what I sent you? It might fit well with what you're doing.
I have. I'm thinking about it and will keep in touch with my initial thoughts.

I have finally recovered from a marathon recording session last weekend. We rented out a small, very old gym in a small town because the acoustics were so good. We spent all day Saturday until about 3 am and Sunday until 6 am recording, recording, recording. We are trying to get 11 songs recorded for our album/record/ whatever it is you call them nowadays. I finished 5 on the weekend and the other 6 last night. I have some very minor finish work to do on about half the songs, but that should take an hour or so. We are doing the final takes on a studio in the bass player's basement.

I am just working with rough tracks right now, but I have to say I think it is going to sound pretty damn good when it is all mixed properly. The guys can really write some good songs, especially the singer and lead guitar player. They are very good at doing the lyric thing and making them work.

Our hope is to have everything done by the 1st of the year, and as hard as we are all working and where we are so far, I think it will happen. After yesterday's session, I'm very excited to get this done, so that we can get back to performing.

Anyway, I'll let you know when we are done, and hopefully it will be in some format that you can take a listen and let me know what you think.
I would love to listen. Please share with me if you can.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Leroy wrote: It is country, but they refer to it as 'Red Dirt Country'
Does that mean it's commie country?

Seriously though...would be great to give it a listen

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

CardsofSTL wrote:
Leroy wrote: It is country, but they refer to it as 'Red Dirt Country'
Does that mean it's commie
That's correct, the originators of the genre colluded with a Russian oligarch....Harold Vlaojokacichinisaschenkoaustikoff.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Not Red Dirt but ...i don’t really know what Red Dirt is so ... check this out from West Texan Terry Allen. Guarantee you’ll love it.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

If they're not singing Give my love to Rose I don't give a rats ass

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

lukethedrifter wrote:Not Red Dirt but ...i don’t really know what Red Dirt is so ... check this out from West Texan Terry Allen. Guarantee you’ll love it.
I do, and I'm a newcomer to the music, but that is exactly what I think of. Basically, not pop-country if you know what I mean. The closest we come is we do a Keith Urban cover as our last song. We play something by darn near everyone else mentioned. The 'bandleader' loves the Troubadours, so we do maybe 5 by them.

A couple of Eric Church sprinkled in, that's the majority of the mainstream country that we play. Hayes Carli is big on the list too.

We go by the name Barstool Prophets...don't judge us by our SquareSpace website, it kinda stinks. We keep updated on facebook though. Just remember we are not the Canadian Barstool Prophets.

Our album or whatever you call 11 original songs nowadays is nearly complete. We hope to be done by the 1st of the year.

Also, our clips on youtube are pretty limited, but I am working on changing that.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

lukethedrifter wrote:Not Red Dirt but ...i don’t really know what Red Dirt is so ... check this out from West Texan Terry Allen. Guarantee you’ll love it.

That reminds me more of Robert Earl Keen. Who is considered Texas country. There is plenty of gray area there though.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Leroy:

Whatever happened to this effort? I went to the FB page, and nothing has been posted for almost 3 months.

We want to hear your jams!!

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »