st. louis bagel slicing

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: st. louis bagel slicing

Post by CardsofSTL »

Bagels are for fancy pantses...get some toast and stop with your elitist nonsense.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

haltz wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:
haltz wrote:It's a St Louis/Panera Bread Co thing - you just have to ask. I can confirm firsthand that bagels were ordered that way often 20 years ago in the late 90s at the Ballas and Olive location. It's pretty clutch especially with the one that has that hard cinnamon sugar topping.
Was that you that sent this comment (almost word for word what was said) on the Wheeler show as they were talking about this a little bit ago?
No but that's funny.

My gf who is a few years younger than me just confirmed that her group of friends ordered them the same way. She said, "it's the only way to do it - it turns their garbage bagels into cream cheese spoons."

I was going to say, those aren't bagels.

HardcoreCardsFan
All-Star

Post by HardcoreCardsFan »

Apparently people are now calling all their weird food concoctions “St. Louis style.” Kind of a disservice to this great city!

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

it made gizmodo

https://gizmodo.com/why-are-people-post ... 1833613597

people diggin hard on stl culinary style

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

For the record, as a St. Louis-raised Jew, this is NOT ACCEPTABLE, either to my people or the reputation of my homeland. Stop saying this is a St. Louis thing, or a bagel thing. It is neither.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

heyzeus wrote:
lol

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

haltz wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:
haltz wrote:It's a St Louis/Panera Bread Co thing - you just have to ask. I can confirm firsthand that bagels were ordered that way often 20 years ago in the late 90s at the Ballas and Olive location. It's pretty clutch especially with the one that has that hard cinnamon sugar topping.
Was that you that sent this comment (almost word for word what was said) on the Wheeler show as they were talking about this a little bit ago?
No but that's funny.

My gf who is a few years younger than me just confirmed that her group of friends ordered them the same way. She said, "it's the only way to do it - it turns their garbage bagels into cream cheese spoons."
I mean, ok, but anyone who does this with a quality bagel should face a firing squad.