TV Detective Poll

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

Pick your Detective

6%
13%
13%
13%
No votes
19%
13%
6%
19%

Total votes: 16

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: TV Detective Poll

Post by CardsofSTL »

It's official. GRB hates Tom Selleck.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Cannon

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

lukethedrifter wrote:Cannon
Before my time

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

stlouie_lipp wrote:Frank Pembleton. Get a suspect in the box and he'll be confessing to the crime in no time.

THIS

One of the greatest television characters ever conceived, detective or no. Thanks for mentioning this, Lipp. Homicide was wonderful.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Seems like cops shouldn't quailfy, and I'm realizing I've never cared about PIs on tv. So far in the thread, Raylan Givens and Pembleton would be my picks. I like Bosch, but that's more about the whole ensemble. Bosch himself is kind of a prick.

If we can go with ensembles (or the agency in this case), I might pick Moonlighting since they're in the "detective for hire" category.

I've always heard good things about Columbo and Rockford Files, just never tried to actually watch them.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

ghostrunner wrote:Seems like cops shouldn't quailfy, and I'm realizing I've never cared about PIs on tv. So far in the thread, Raylan Givens and Pembleton would be my picks. I like Bosch, but that's more about the whole ensemble. Bosch himself is kind of a prick.

If we can go with ensembles (or the agency in this case), I might pick Moonlighting since they're in the "detective for hire" category.

I've always heard good things about Columbo and Rockford Files, just never tried to actually watch them.

Columbo and Rockford were both introduced to me by my Grandma who would watch us when we were youngsters. Of the series listed I think Poirot and Monk are the best. I also think Monk's mannerisms were influenced by Suchet's Poirot. I haven't seen Homicide so I'm going to look into that so I appreciate that suggestion as well.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Bunk Moreland

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

lukethedrifter wrote:You guys are dicks

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

CardsofSTL wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:Seems like cops shouldn't quailfy, and I'm realizing I've never cared about PIs on tv. So far in the thread, Raylan Givens and Pembleton would be my picks. I like Bosch, but that's more about the whole ensemble. Bosch himself is kind of a prick.

Columbo and Rockford were both introduced to me by my Grandma who would watch us when we were youngsters. Of the series listed I think Poirot and Monk are the best. I also think Monk's mannerisms were influenced by Suchet's Poirot. I haven't seen Homicide so I'm going to look into that so I appreciate that suggestion as well.
I still love Magnum.

Remember when Tom Selleck would guest on The Rockford Files as Lance White? Great character.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

33anda3rd wrote:
stlouie_lipp wrote:Frank Pembleton. Get a suspect in the box and he'll be confessing to the crime in no time.

THIS

One of the greatest television characters ever conceived, detective or no. Thanks for mentioning this, Lipp. Homicide was wonderful.
I've finally gotten around to watching The Wire and it has me thinking back on Homicide and how good that show was. Especially for network TV.