GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 16 19, 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: June 11 19, 11:21 am 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Posts: 19949
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis
Born in Baton Rouge LA

Growing up we lived in Fayetteville AR, Orlando, Austin and St Louis

Moved to Columbia MO after highschool and Chicago after that and then back to St Louis

In St Louis/St Charles I've lived in Creve Couer (Ross and Olive), O'Fallon (K and 40), Benton Park (Lemp and Sydney), Dogtown (Nashville and McCausland), Soulard (9th and Geyer), Downtown (Wash Ave and 15th) and now St Charles (Page and Upper Bottom/Arena)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: June 11 19, 11:26 am 
Offline
All-Star

Joined: October 12 14, 9:37 pm
Posts: 1313
Location: Kansas
From: Washington, MO (still go there to visit my dad every few weeks)
Live now: Olathe, KS
Also lived: St. Charles, MO (went to Lindenwood)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: June 11 19, 11:27 am 
Offline
Consider him admonished
User avatar

Joined: March 25 15, 9:59 am
Posts: 8268
Location: Charleston, SC via Arkansas
CardsofSTL wrote:
Tim wrote:
South Arkansas

Central Arkansas

Now in the best city in America, Charleston SC


38th according to this unbiased source

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-news-best-places-to-live-in-america-2016-3

Which puts it two spots behind Columbus, the capital of the great state of Ohio.

Does the local minor league baseball team have a “Go Back To South Carolina” Night and give away a one way ticket to SC? Didn’t think so.

We have a Go Back to Ohio night.

We don’t care for Oh-atians. You screw up our southern charm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: June 11 19, 11:32 am 
Offline
All Hail the New GDT Master
User avatar

Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Posts: 23177
Location: Columbus, OH
Tim wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
Tim wrote:
South Arkansas

Central Arkansas

Now in the best city in America, Charleston SC


38th according to this unbiased source

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-news-best-places-to-live-in-america-2016-3

Which puts it two spots behind Columbus, the capital of the great state of Ohio.

Does the local minor league baseball team have a “Go Back To South Carolina” Night and give away a one way ticket to SC? Didn’t think so.

We have a Go Back to Ohio night.

We don’t care for Oh-atians. You screw up our southern charm


Sounds pretty intolerant and probably why you're lower on the list.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: June 11 19, 11:40 am 
Offline
bronoun enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Posts: 28471
Location: extremely online
From: Morton, IL
Been: Mackinaw, IL - Phoenix, AZ - Sarasota, FL - Phoenix, AZ
Now: Moving to Peoria, IL in three weeks. Cashing in my big market experience for a great job in a low cost of living area that just so happens to be my home.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: June 11 19, 11:54 am 
Offline
Consider him admonished
User avatar

Joined: March 25 15, 9:59 am
Posts: 8268
Location: Charleston, SC via Arkansas
CardsofSTL wrote:
Tim wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
Tim wrote:
South Arkansas

Central Arkansas

Now in the best city in America, Charleston SC


38th according to this unbiased source

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-news-best-places-to-live-in-america-2016-3

Which puts it two spots behind Columbus, the capital of the great state of Ohio.

Does the local minor league baseball team have a “Go Back To South Carolina” Night and give away a one way ticket to SC? Didn’t think so.

We have a Go Back to Ohio night.

We don’t care for Oh-atians. You screw up our southern charm


Sounds pretty intolerant and probably why you're lower on the list.

We’re not intolerant, we’re just better than you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: June 11 19, 12:29 pm 
Offline
All Hail the New GDT Master
User avatar

Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Posts: 23177
Location: Columbus, OH
thrill wrote:
From: Morton, IL
Been: Mackinaw, IL - Phoenix, AZ - Sarasota, FL - Phoenix, AZ
Now: Moving to Peoria, IL in three weeks. Cashing in my big market experience for a great job in a low cost of living area that just so happens to be my home.


That's cool...coming full circle.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: June 11 19, 12:35 pm 
Offline
Hallelujah Brother
User avatar

Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm
Posts: 12966
CardsofSTL wrote:
thrill wrote:
From: Morton, IL
Been: Mackinaw, IL - Phoenix, AZ - Sarasota, FL - Phoenix, AZ
Now: Moving to Peoria, IL in three weeks. Cashing in my big market experience for a great job in a low cost of living area that just so happens to be my home.


That's cool...coming full circle.

That is cool. 10 years ago thrill posted that he moved and likes it. Full circle indeed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: June 11 19, 12:47 pm 
Offline
tl;dr

Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm
Posts: 4592
Born in St. Ann, MO

Lived a few years in Ferguson, MO just two doors down from Paul's Market on Elizabeth.

From second grade until I was 21 I lived in Florissant, MO just a couple of blocks from Pirrone's

The only exception to my time in Florissant was 9 months in Ames, IA where I spent my freshman year at Iowa State before I realized that Iowa wasn't for me and came back to go to UMSL.

Lived at Downtown at Chestnut and 17th for about 3 years back when there were still bars and restaurants at Union Station.

Spent about 3 years in Kirkwood right at Big Bend and 270.

The next 7 years were by the airport in St. John, MO.

And since 2011 I have lived in the triangle between Botanical Gardens, Tower Grove Park and Vandeventer. I think I finally found the right area for me there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: June 11 19, 1:15 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: July 15 08, 8:24 pm
Posts: 20078
Location: Low A Minors
St. Louis area
Muscatine, IA
East Moline, IL
Davenport, IA
Platteville, WI
Chicagoland
Tucson, AZ for about 6 months for a job but traveled back and forth and never really settled there
Back in Davenport


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group