GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently December 13 19, 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: July 30 19, 1:27 pm 
Offline
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: June 4 17, 10:04 pm
Posts: 2392
Location: portlandbugle.com
A really hard part of life is being forced to live for tomorrow (going to work, not telling aholes to eff off, saving money, paying your bills, not spending all day with your kids, etc.) and not knowing when you're going to die. I think if an asteroid was going to smash us all it would be a great way to go out. Go somewhere peaceful and enjoy the people you love without worry or panic. I think it would be a great way to go--given some time.

So I guess 2019 OK would have been bad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: July 30 19, 3:13 pm 
Offline
Perennial All-Star

Joined: June 15 06, 9:11 am
Posts: 3713
Location: Reading The Boat Rocker by Terence Mann
IMADreamer wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
To me it makes sense that we should be focused on things we can do something about instead of astroids.


Its my understanding that the Space Force was created to prevent asteroids.



I just had the scariest thought. What if there is an extinction level asteroid headed towards earth and Trump knows about it, so he created the space force to stop it, but the freaking trump administration is in charge of keeping the human race from going extinct.

Sounds like the setup for a Mel Brooks movie from the 80's.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: July 30 19, 4:03 pm 
Offline
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Posts: 24894
Location: St. Louis
Donnie Ebert wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
To me it makes sense that we should be focused on things we can do something about instead of astroids.


Its my understanding that the Space Force was created to prevent asteroids.



I just had the scariest thought. What if there is an extinction level asteroid headed towards earth and Trump knows about it, so he created the space force to stop it, but the freaking trump administration is in charge of keeping the human race from going extinct.

Sounds like the setup for a Mel Brooks movie from the 80's.

Trump towers are not actually phallic symbols, but turrets to shoot down asteroids. It all makes sense.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: July 30 19, 6:25 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer

Joined: April 25 06, 6:43 pm
Posts: 11498
Location: Austin
30 times the energy of Hiroshima but untargeted is a manageable amount of scary. St Helens, for example, is much more energy than that. City killer in the extremely unlikely event it explodes over a city, but far more likely it hits the ocean where, for reference, the energy released is 0.0000001% of the Japan tsunami earthquake.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: July 30 19, 7:49 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Posts: 17195
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
Arthur Dent wrote:
30 times the energy of Hiroshima but untargeted is a manageable amount of scary. St Helens, for example, is much more energy than that. City killer in the extremely unlikely event it explodes over a city, but far more likely it hits the ocean where, for reference, the energy released is 0.0000001% of the Japan tsunami earthquake.

party pooper.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: July 31 19, 7:18 am 
Offline
likes to grate his own cheese
User avatar

Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
Posts: 11510
Location: Drunk
"Do you have asteroids?"

"No, but my dad does."

Name that movie.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: July 31 19, 7:22 am 
Offline
All Hail the New GDT Master
User avatar

Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Posts: 23402
Location: Columbus, OH
Fat_Bulldog wrote:
"Do you have asteroids?"

"No, but my dad does."

Name that movie.


Vacation


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group