The Rediscovering an Album From Your Youth Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Tim
Consider him admonished

The Rediscovering an Album From Your Youth Thread

Post by Tim »

Saw a tweet mentioning Our Lady Peace and can honestly say i hadn’t thought of them in nearly two decades.

Listening to the album “Clumsy”

It still holds up IMO.

What else you got? I could stand to listen to some nostalgia while watching Jack shove it

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: The Rediscovering an Album From Your Youth Thread

Post by IMADreamer »

I always felt like Seven Mary Three's album "Churn" was under rated and a bit ahead of it's time. Their sound got really popular in the late 90s and early 2000s, but that album was from 1994.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

IMADreamer wrote:I always felt like Seven Mary Three's album "Churn" was under rated and a bit ahead of it's time. Their sound got really popular in the late 90s and early 2000s, but that album was from 1994.
Good one!!!!

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Mods, please rename this thread Albums You’ve Never Heard Of From Your Thirties (incl late 20s)

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

lukethedrifter wrote:Mods, please rename this thread Albums You’ve Never Heard Of From Your Thirties (incl late 20s)
Lolz

How about Toadies - Rubberneck ?

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Elton John's Tumbleweed Connection, Neil Young's Rust Never Sleeps - really almost all of Neil Young's output. Guy didn't have an inauthentic bone in his body every and it still comes through loud and clear.

On the flipside, I played Heart's Dreamboat Annie awhile back. Man those synths sound soooooo cheesy now. So much of the mid 70's synth tracks now sound like cheap video games. Just bad.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:Elton John's Tumbleweed Connection, Neil Young's Rust Never Sleeps - really almost all of Neil Young's output. Guy didn't have an inauthentic bone in his body every and it still comes through loud and clear.

On the flipside, I played Heart's Dreamboat Annie awhile back. Man those synths sound soooooo cheesy now. So much of the mid 70's synth tracks now sound like cheap video games. Just bad.
I dunno. Magic Man and Crazy on You still rock. But yes, These Dreams sux.

And yessir to Neil Young. Finally saw him live last year, solo tour. He sounded so good.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Deep Purple - Machinehead is one of my all time favorite albums as well.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

I haven't had a chance to forget much of the album rock era of my youth. It became an oversaturated radio station genre once I got older. Then I tired of it.

Finally getting to where it sounds semi-fresh and tolerable when I am out of streaming range

I'll echo the Neil Young albums. Some of it was not current when I got into it. Last car I had with CD player - The Unplugged album, and Rust Never Sleep CDs were always queued up.

Rental car I had recently had Sirius. Not a fan of it, but did enjoy a lot of Tom Petty. Wildflowers, to name an album.

Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators

Post by Tambourine Man »

Okay, I consider my youth to be before high school. So by that measure, I've been listening to a lot of INXS and The Bangles. All young boys liked The Bangles.