GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 19 19, 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: August 20 19, 8:23 am 
99% conan clips

tlombard wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
Be that guy biking in a full suit, with briefcase, sweat just pouring off you for the first hour at work.

Do it.

After the mentioning of bringing in clothes ahead of time, I'm just picturing Ghostrunner with a full dresser and armoire at the office like he lives there.

PostPosted: August 20 19, 8:54 am 
Hall Of Famer

tlombard wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
Be that guy biking in a full suit, with briefcase, sweat just pouring off you for the first hour at work.

Do it.

After the mentioning of bringing in clothes ahead of time, I'm just picturing Ghostrunner with a full dresser and armoire at the office like he lives there.

You know we do have some file cabinet drawers sitting unused...

PostPosted: August 20 19, 1:35 pm 
tl;dr

ghostrunner wrote:
tlombard wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

Do it.

You know we do have some file cabinet drawers sitting unused...

I hadn't even thought of that. I use zero paper at work so my cabinets and drawers are pretty much completely empty. I could store 75% of my wardrobe at my desk and it wouldn't be noticed.

PostPosted: August 20 19, 2:18 pm 
Hall Of Famer

I find my mood is hugely improved when I bike to work both from the routine exercise and the opportunity to clear my mind. But it's just so punishingly hot in Austin right now.

PostPosted: September 3 19, 7:48 am 
Hall Of Famer

Welp, did it this morning. Took longer than I thought, as there's a bus switch I wasn't aware of (and I think is just temporary) but not too bad. Really glad we have all these trails, because boy are some streets really not made with pedestrians or cyclists in mind.

PostPosted: September 3 19, 7:53 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

obligatory

PostPosted: September 3 19, 8:00 am 
Hall Of Famer

That clip is no joke. The five years we lived in Tualatin just south of Portland were maddening when it came to bikes on the roads. At freaking rush hour those yahoos would be on the streets like they owned them. Totally frustrating.

PostPosted: September 3 19, 8:30 am 
99% conan clips

ghostrunner wrote:
Welp, did it this morning. Took longer than I thought, as there's a bus switch I wasn't aware of (and I think is just temporary) but not too bad. Really glad we have all these trails, because boy are some streets really not made with pedestrians or cyclists in mind.

is that a bad welp?

PostPosted: September 3 19, 8:53 am 
Hall Of Famer

Jocephus wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:

is that a bad welp?

Nah. Will probably do it again later this week. Fare's also free this month, so that helps.

PostPosted: September 3 19, 9:07 am 
Hall Of Famer

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
That clip is no joke. The five years we lived in Tualatin just south of Portland were maddening when it came to bikes on the roads. At freaking rush hour those yahoos would be on the streets like they owned them. Totally frustrating.

I read up on the rules as I started riding more, and most cyclists I've seen online promote and claim to follow them. I'd bet a lot of casual riders don't know them though. Not that those in Portland are casual.

Couple of things I've learned - stop signs require a full stop, but there's an "Idaho stop" allowed in Idaho and Delaware where you can treat the stop sign as a yield sign, which is how a lot of riders seem to treat it everywhere. It really does suck having to stop completely and get started again and then go through, but I do it. Here we have to stop at stop lights, but if you're there for 2 minutes you can go on through if it's clear. You can also ride on sidewalks here, which is necessary sometimes. I have a really busy bridge I have to cross near my house and the cars go way too fast even though it's coming right out of a school zone.