TV help b/w next GRB Tourney

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: TV help b/w next GRB Tourney

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Breaking Bad Seasons 1-5
My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance Season 1 (dunno if there was more than that)
Deadwood Seasons 1-2
Band of Brothers
Planet Earth (the one with Sigourney Weaver)

There's the definitive list of best television seasons ever. And, if by some chance you disagree, then get a brain moran.
Last edited by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 on August 28 19, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

All of The Good Place
Parks and Rec Season 5
Arrested Development Season 2

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Can we talk about how awesome the big fat obnoxious fiance show was.

I mean, okay, it wasn't awesome because it was a brilliant idea or anything. It was awesome because, bar none, it was the most ludicrous premise with the perfectly case uptight family put in the most [expletive] up of situatoins.

Long story short, two 'strangers' are supposed to get married and convince their families it's okay. If the wedding goes through without an objection, the bride wins $250K, the bride's family wins $250K, the groom wins $250K, and the grooms family wins $250K.

But, it was apparent from day 1 that the bride's family didn't need the money, especially $250K. Probably a drop in the bucket to them. The groom was an actor and made the bride's life miserable. In the end, they made it to the end with no objections and the bride reveals they just won $500K total. And, the family is like....WTF, yo. We don't need money. You made us look stupid, not worth it. Then, the groom reveals he's an actor, and the bride feels like a complete dunce. The final revalation scene was some of the most hilarious and uncomfortable screen time since they started shooting images to TV sets. Plus the entire season was hilarious. The groom actor and his family did a great job of just being obnoxious and hilarious. I can't remember it all, but it was great.

Here's a clip of the revelations at the end.

LOLOLOLOL I mean, yeah, you kind of feel bad for the family but LOLOLOL at the groom just laughing his ass off telling them what's going on. God this show was awesome. Need more of that in my life. LOL at the boys wearing kilts at the wedding. Omg this is amazing.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

Sopranos s2
Office UK s2
Larry Sanders s5
Catastrophe s1
Curb s3
West Wing s2
True Detective s1
XFiles s3
Chappelle s2
Sherlock s2

Hard to pull a single season from Breaking Bad or Seinfeld.

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
Smith Corks One wrote:Some great suggestions. I think the first two seasons of Six Feet Under were pretty special. And, although it only lasted one season, The Prisoner was ahead of its time and really cool.
I'm quite interested in The Prisoner. Did it reach any conclusion, or was it totally cut off midstream?
It reached a conclusion, although some people didn't find it totally satisfying. I guess they knew there wouldn't be another season.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

I watched the first half of the Prisoner and really liked it, but just saw a clip from the finale the other day and it looked insane. And not in a good way.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

haltz wrote:
Hard to pull a single season from Breaking Bad or Seinfeld.
Seinfeld not so much, but could you imagine beaming Season 3 of Breaking Bad into outerspace only for aliens to find it, watch it, and really want to see season 4. Their need to know how the story ends leads them to planet earth where they find a planet with a wealth of resources and extremely flawed civilization. They get seasons 4 and 5. Binge watch them, then decide to destroy civilization and claim the planet as their own.

They report back to HQ what they've done and are promoted to leaders of the planet. The only people spared are Vince Gilligan and the crew of Breaking Bad who are kept around to make more shows and what not, except Rian Johnson, because the aliens also watched The Last Jedi and decided he wasn't worth saving. Regardless, the BB crew lives out the rest of their lives in an ironically similar plight to Jesse's ending prior to Walt saving him from the Nazis.

However, in a case of life imitating art, the writers of BB are no dummies (I mean, the genius of Walter White came from somewhere, right) and they devise a plan to kill the alien overlords by poisoning the films they watch with an airborn anthrax something or other. After killing the aliens, they then contact the alien HQ under the guise of being the aliens they just killed to let HQ know the new planet is not as promising as once thought and they'd like to return to HQ. The humans then fake the takeoff of the alien ship and blow it up, sending the signal to HQ that the ship was lost due to a mechanical issue or something.

The BB crew then repopulates planet earth. Notably, Anna Gunn and Bryan Cranston create like 8 Walt Juniors and the world is saved. The end.

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
The BB crew then repopulates planet earth. Notably, Anna Gunn and Bryan Cranston create like 8 Walt Juniors and the world is saved. The end.
I can only imagine 8 people insisting they be called Flynn.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Gashouse wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
I can only imagine 8 people insisting they be called Flynn.
lmao

and eating breakfast while doing it

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

haltz wrote: True Detective s1
Great call.