Joker

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
wart57
just can't quit you.

Re: Joker

Post by wart57 »

Writing a long post about politics in a movie - ok.

Writing a post complaining about over politicizing things - not ok.

Writing a post complaining about someone complaining about over politicizing movies - ok.

Writing a post complaining about someone complaining about someone complaining about a post complaining about over politicization of a movie - not ok.

Did I get that right?

Is the Joker any good?

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

wart57 wrote:Image

Writing a post complaining about someone complaining about over politicizing movies - ok.

Writing a post complaining about someone complaining about someone complaining about a post complaining about over politicization of a movie - not ok.

Did I get that right?

Is the Joker any good?
It's ok.

Is that not ok?

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

wart57 wrote:Image

Did I get that right?

Is the Joker any good?
No.

Too long an answer?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Phoenix gonna Phoenix.

https://www.laineygossip.com/joaquin-ph ... oker/58622
So when Joaquin is asked about the film and its violence, whether or not he’s concerned about how it might be misinterpreted during an interview with The Telegraph, what do you think he did? Well, he walked out. Here’s how Robbie Collins, the film critic, described the exchange - via Gizmodo:

“Yet Phoenix doesn’t seem to have considered this kind of question at all. So when I put it to him – aren’t you worried that this film might perversely end up inspiring exactly the kind of people it’s about, with potentially tragic results? – his fight-or-flight response kicks in. Mine too, just about.

It takes an hour’s peace-brokering with a Warner Bros PR to get things back on track. Phoenix panicked, he later explains, because the question genuinely hadn’t crossed his mind before – then asks me, not for the last time, what an intelligent answer might have sounded like.”

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

One thing I've noticed in all the trailers, obviously, is this is an origination story/background for the Joker. Nothing gets past me.

Though, it's kind of odd Christian Bale, Michael Caine, and Morgan Freeman (the three smartest guys in the world) couldn't get his background as, well, it certainly appears he didn't just appear out of nowhere but rather has records abound in the trailers (therapy, tv show appearances, etc). Like, hey, Michael, did you not watch any tv back in the day? How did the twitterverse not immediately uncover this clown's past? Christian Bale figured out a way to hack everyone's cell phones, jump onto a moving plane, make the batplane thing fly itself, fuse an atom, etc but couldn't get background info on a guy that was on tv?

I know this is a stand alone movie and the Batman saga has a lot more than what was portrayed in the Nolan Batmans. But, just saying.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:One thing I've noticed in all the trailers, obviously, is this is an origination story/background for the Joker. Nothing gets past me.

Though, it's kind of odd Christian Bale, Michael Caine, and Morgan Freeman (the three smartest guys in the world) couldn't get his background as, well, it certainly appears he didn't just appear out of nowhere but rather has records abound in the trailers (therapy, tv show appearances, etc). Like, hey, Michael, did you not watch any tv back in the day? How did the twitterverse not immediately uncover this clown's past? Christian Bale figured out a way to hack everyone's cell phones, jump onto a moving plane, make the batplane thing fly itself, fuse an atom, etc but couldn't get background info on a guy that was on tv?

I know this is a stand alone movie and the Batman saga has a lot more than what was portrayed in the Nolan Batmans. But, just saying.
Different Joker, different origin is my assumption.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

ghostrunner wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:One thing I've noticed in all the trailers, obviously, is this is an origination story/background for the Joker. Nothing gets past me.

Different Joker, different origin is my assumption.
Yeah, I was just kidding around. It's not a prequel to The Dark Knight.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

It's a totally self contained movie.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

This is a stand alone movie for crying out loud!

Plus some politics too!

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

The director, keeping everything free of politics