Joker

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Re: Joker

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

go birds wrote:try being a conservative on a left leaning board, then tell me about how assigning politics to everything is fine.

it's tiresome when politics are injected into threads where it's not needed.
Right. For those of us who CHOOSE just to take something for what it's worth, and maybe just enjoy it, our choice kind of gets taken away when we are told what we should think of it from a political point of view....

ON A LOT OF THINGS NOT JUST THIS THREAD.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Fair enough. I guess liberals aren't the only people who need safe spaces and trigger warnings? :wink:

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:
Jocephus wrote:absorb a movie how you want. if some people want to turn off the brain, fine. if some want to analyze, fine. why does there have to be a choice?
That's fair and I mostly agree. However, I guess I'm just tired of the page long diatribes of those who choose to analyze everything.
why? you don't have to read it, agree with it, do anythign with it. not directed at you but always kind of amazed with people who complain about things they don't have to acknowledge or pay attention to. it's like following someone on twitter you dislike just so you can tell them that you dislike what they are saying.

Fat_Bulldog

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Michael wrote:Fair enough. I guess liberals aren't the only people who need safe spaces and trigger warnings? :wink:
:) :D :)

Fat_Bulldog

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Jocephus wrote:
Fat_Bulldog wrote:
Jocephus wrote:absorb a movie how you want. if some people want to turn off the brain, fine. if some want to analyze, fine. why does there have to be a choice?
That's fair and I mostly agree. However, I guess I'm just tired of the page long diatribes of those who choose to analyze everything.
why? you don't have to read it, agree with it, do anythign with it. not directed at you but always kind of amazed with people who complain about things they don't have to acknowledge or pay attention to. it's like following someone on twitter you dislike just so you can tell them that you dislike what they are saying.
All true.

However, this can become a challenge for me when a thread or several threads get dominated into political discussion. I would like to read discussion about a movie in the Social Forum without a political diatribe.

I guess a moderator should put this thread into the Politics Forum.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Michael wrote:Fair enough. I guess liberals aren't the only people who need safe spaces and trigger warnings? :wink:
i can agree with this

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

I just went over this thread. It's 3 pages of what to me seems like non-political discussion, then one post from 33 that mentioned politics and then the response is maybe we don't have to get political with everything, then the thread becomes about whether or not it's ok for a movie discussion to get political.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be "keep your opinions to yourself"

There are many, many long posts on this forum that i just skip if I can see it's not something I'm into.

Fat_Bulldog

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Okay. Sorry guys.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

to be fair, i think the bewildering, yet impressive, coyote ugly reference is what really caused the derailment

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

go birds wrote:to be fair, i think the bewildering, yet impressive, coyote ugly reference is what really caused the derailment
The Coyote Ugly reference was impressive. The point of that movie was pretty clear from the get-go. Let's make a chick flick that perhaps shows enough T&A that guys won't mind having to watch it.

The Demi Moore discussion was good though. I had never really thought about most of those movies that way.