GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently December 12 19, 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Joker
PostPosted: September 16 19, 5:41 pm 
Offline
just can't quit you.
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
Posts: 24841
Location: Lost
Image



Writing a long post about politics in a movie - ok.

Writing a post complaining about over politicizing things - not ok.

Writing a post complaining about someone complaining about over politicizing movies - ok.

Writing a post complaining about someone complaining about someone complaining about a post complaining about over politicization of a movie - not ok.

Did I get that right?

Is the Joker any good?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joker
PostPosted: September 16 19, 6:07 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Posts: 17193
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
wart57 wrote:
Image



Writing a long post about politics in a movie - ok.

Writing a post complaining about over politicizing things - not ok.

Writing a post complaining about someone complaining about over politicizing movies - ok.

Writing a post complaining about someone complaining about someone complaining about a post complaining about over politicization of a movie - not ok.

Did I get that right?

Is the Joker any good?

It's ok.

Is that not ok?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joker
PostPosted: September 16 19, 9:34 pm 
Offline
Replies Authoritatively
User avatar

Joined: April 7 13, 9:45 am
Posts: 8147
Location: Chicago, IL
wart57 wrote:
Image



Writing a long post about politics in a movie - ok.

Writing a post complaining about over politicizing things - not ok.

Writing a post complaining about someone complaining about over politicizing movies - ok.

Writing a post complaining about someone complaining about someone complaining about a post complaining about over politicization of a movie - not ok.

Did I get that right?

Is the Joker any good?


No.

Too long an answer?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joker
PostPosted: September 25 19, 9:03 am 
Offline
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"
User avatar

Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Posts: 24342
Location: Thinking of the Children
Phoenix gonna Phoenix.

https://www.laineygossip.com/joaquin-ph ... oker/58622

Quote:
So when Joaquin is asked about the film and its violence, whether or not he’s concerned about how it might be misinterpreted during an interview with The Telegraph, what do you think he did? Well, he walked out. Here’s how Robbie Collins, the film critic, described the exchange - via Gizmodo:

“Yet Phoenix doesn’t seem to have considered this kind of question at all. So when I put it to him – aren’t you worried that this film might perversely end up inspiring exactly the kind of people it’s about, with potentially tragic results? – his fight-or-flight response kicks in. Mine too, just about.

It takes an hour’s peace-brokering with a Warner Bros PR to get things back on track. Phoenix panicked, he later explains, because the question genuinely hadn’t crossed his mind before – then asks me, not for the last time, what an intelligent answer might have sounded like.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joker
PostPosted: September 25 19, 9:15 am 
Offline
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"
User avatar

Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Posts: 24342
Location: Thinking of the Children
One thing I've noticed in all the trailers, obviously, is this is an origination story/background for the Joker. Nothing gets past me.

Though, it's kind of odd Christian Bale, Michael Caine, and Morgan Freeman (the three smartest guys in the world) couldn't get his background as, well, it certainly appears he didn't just appear out of nowhere but rather has records abound in the trailers (therapy, tv show appearances, etc). Like, hey, Michael, did you not watch any tv back in the day? How did the twitterverse not immediately uncover this clown's past? Christian Bale figured out a way to hack everyone's cell phones, jump onto a moving plane, make the batplane thing fly itself, fuse an atom, etc but couldn't get background info on a guy that was on tv?

I know this is a stand alone movie and the Batman saga has a lot more than what was portrayed in the Nolan Batmans. But, just saying.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joker
PostPosted: September 25 19, 9:39 am 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Posts: 24698
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
One thing I've noticed in all the trailers, obviously, is this is an origination story/background for the Joker. Nothing gets past me.

Though, it's kind of odd Christian Bale, Michael Caine, and Morgan Freeman (the three smartest guys in the world) couldn't get his background as, well, it certainly appears he didn't just appear out of nowhere but rather has records abound in the trailers (therapy, tv show appearances, etc). Like, hey, Michael, did you not watch any tv back in the day? How did the twitterverse not immediately uncover this clown's past? Christian Bale figured out a way to hack everyone's cell phones, jump onto a moving plane, make the batplane thing fly itself, fuse an atom, etc but couldn't get background info on a guy that was on tv?

I know this is a stand alone movie and the Batman saga has a lot more than what was portrayed in the Nolan Batmans. But, just saying.


Different Joker, different origin is my assumption.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joker
PostPosted: September 25 19, 9:46 am 
Offline
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"
User avatar

Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Posts: 24342
Location: Thinking of the Children
ghostrunner wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
One thing I've noticed in all the trailers, obviously, is this is an origination story/background for the Joker. Nothing gets past me.

Though, it's kind of odd Christian Bale, Michael Caine, and Morgan Freeman (the three smartest guys in the world) couldn't get his background as, well, it certainly appears he didn't just appear out of nowhere but rather has records abound in the trailers (therapy, tv show appearances, etc). Like, hey, Michael, did you not watch any tv back in the day? How did the twitterverse not immediately uncover this clown's past? Christian Bale figured out a way to hack everyone's cell phones, jump onto a moving plane, make the batplane thing fly itself, fuse an atom, etc but couldn't get background info on a guy that was on tv?

I know this is a stand alone movie and the Batman saga has a lot more than what was portrayed in the Nolan Batmans. But, just saying.


Different Joker, different origin is my assumption.

Yeah, I was just kidding around. It's not a prequel to The Dark Knight.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joker
PostPosted: September 25 19, 4:21 pm 
Offline
Perennial All-Star
User avatar

Joined: September 8 09, 10:56 pm
Posts: 7218
Location: South County, St. Louis
It's a totally self contained movie.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joker
PostPosted: September 27 19, 12:48 pm 
Offline
likes to grate his own cheese
User avatar

Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
Posts: 11510
Location: Drunk
This is a stand alone movie for crying out loud!

Plus some politics too!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joker
PostPosted: October 1 19, 12:11 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Posts: 24698
The director, keeping everything free of politics



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group