Albums from your youth that need no revisiting

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Albums from your youth that need no revisiting

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Stone Cold Rhymin'- I could do Fastest Rhyme in 2nd or 3rd grade (still can, I bet). But that's a tough era for radio rap. So corny.
Even if Flea played bass on Bust a Move.

Nirvana Unplugged- I may just ruin this for you. The guitar sounds terrible. Like the strings aren't held down hard enough.

Dookie also sounds bad. It needs a remastering. But then it wouldn't be punk. I can still listen to it though.

God bless Weird Al, but I'm not 11 anymore. I do have a kid though...

Return of the Rentals-the sound is too basic. Maybe Seven More Minutes, but that was a favorite of mine that does nothing for me now.

Everyone Else is Doing It... -between my sister and bus driver I heard this cover to cover 80000 times.

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Re: Albums from your youth that need no revisiting

Post by Smith Corks One »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i dont own any but i bet korn, limp bizkit, linkin park...all that "nu-metal" phase sounds like [expletive]

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I owned the Prince soundtrack to the Batman movie from the 80s. And I know Prince is a genius and all that. But have you ever really listened to Batdance? Like, since 1989? It's ungood.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Jocephus wrote:i dont own any but i bet korn, limp bizkit, linkin park...all that "nu-metal" phase sounds like [expletive]
I definitely went through a nu-metal phase in my late teens. I went back and listened to Limp Bizkit last year and it's complete trash.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I have gone through a hate, love, dislike arc with Pinkterton.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

heyzeus wrote:I owned the Prince soundtrack to the Batman movie from the 80s. And I know Prince is a genius and all that. But have you ever really listened to Batdance? Like, since 1989? It's ungood.
not going to defend it but i have a soft spot for batdance and a couple other songs on the album...partyman...and seems like 1 more

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Almost all of NWA's oeuvre. "B*tches ain't sh!t." "Dopeman." All of those songs Ice Cube made after leaving about Dre/Eazy/Ren, and all the songs they did in response on EFIL4ZAGGIN, then all the stuff between Eazy and Dre/Snoop that was all just basically a bunch of stuff about how the other party was a homosexual but then oddly how they were going to bend over and sodomize their antagonist. The early stuff was problematic when it dropped because it was politically alarming, now it's just kind of quaint and troublesome and problematic in a whole other regard in the #metoo era. Almost all Golden Age hip-hop, save a few acts like Tribe and De La Soul and a few others, have some degree of sexism and/or homophobia, and that's pretty much all the music of my youth.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Not necessarily an album from my youth, but I went to see the Steve Miller Band a couple times in the late 80's. In my defense I went because of a girl. My goodness, his music hasn't aged well.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

stlouie_lipp wrote:Not necessarily an album from my youth, but I went to see the Steve Miller Band a couple times in the late 80's. In my defense I went because of a girl. My goodness, his music hasn't aged well.
That is a good one. Yet it's on all the the time on classic rock stations (that I succumb to when streaming isn't working)