A New Forum Type

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: A New Forum Type

Post by Jocephus »

TheoSqua wrote:Quite honestly, just a forum for links would be fine by me. I don't mind if the articles are quoted or not, just a place where we can all link to articles that we've read and thought others would enjoy. I don't see why it would matter wether or not they are quoted except for those who have a firewall to get around.

the linking still needs to be fixed though...opening links in new windows that is...

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

Jocephus wrote:
TheoSqua wrote:Quite honestly, just a forum for links would be fine by me. I don't mind if the articles are quoted or not, just a place where we can all link to articles that we've read and thought others would enjoy. I don't see why it would matter wether or not they are quoted except for those who have a firewall to get around.

the linking still needs to be fixed though...opening links in new windows that is...
If you use Firefox, you can open links in a new tab by clicking with the center/wheel mouse button.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Arthur Dent wrote:
Jocephus wrote:

If you use Firefox, you can open links in a new tab by clicking with the center/wheel mouse button.
heh...i dont have one of dem fancy mices.....

i still have the same one that came with my computer...two buttons!..and a crappy wheel that i have clean every 6 mnoths or so...

it really isn't that big o' deal 'cause i can just right click and open in a new window (i do use ff)...but if i could, id rather they open new by themselves...

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

We're open to the idea of opening new forums however I think having too many can be a bad thing. I guess my question is - why not post them in BT if they are interesting?

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

Michael wrote:We're open to the idea of opening new forums however I think having too many can be a bad thing. I guess my question is - why not post them in BT if they are interesting?
I think it would clutter BT, but you do have a point, not nearly as many new posts are being made on BT as in the past.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

Michael wrote:We're open to the idea of opening new forums however I think having too many can be a bad thing. I guess my question is - why not post them in BT if they are interesting?
Yeah, I'm fine with leaving them there. That's how a good portion of baseball threads begin anyway, with a link/article.

--P--