"NL Central comments" deceased

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer

Re: "NL Central comments" temporarily suspended

Post by TimeForGuinness »

mikechamp wrote:But posting the links is almost pointless, as one can't access it unless they pay for ESPN Insider.
...and this is why ESPN has a problem with it...giving away a product for free.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Re: "NL Central comments" deceased

Post by mikechamp »

DiLLaGii wrote:I am bummed that I wont be able to see Steve Philips and Joe Morgan Central comments anymore :(
I know, dill.... and right after you cautioned your newborn daughter.

:wink:

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

TimeForGuinness wrote:
mikechamp wrote:But posting the links is almost pointless, as one can't access it unless they pay for ESPN Insider.
If one had gone to ESPN's site at 10:15am CT this morning, they could have seen the entire Joe Morgan chat as it happened.... free of charge.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

TimeForGuinness wrote:

I really did enjoy the NL Central comments that mike always posted, but I couldn't stand the rest of ESPN Insider. Much of that same information could be found free on foxsports.

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

Intellectual property law stinks. Boo.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

planet pujolsian wrote:That stinks, Mike. We can still post the links though? The funny thing about this is heyzeus had to tell one of his co-workers about his GRB fetish.
Ha. I'm way smarter than that (and also, nobody in my firm practices intellectual property law). I went to a friend of mine from undergrad who has practiced IP law for several years now. I put the question as such:

"My friend runs an internet board where users frequently post links, excerpts, and entire articles that are posted on news websites such as espn.com. Some of the articles are initially posted open-access, but then become "subscriber only" after a day or so. Does copyright law prevent posting links, excerpts, or entire articles from internet sources?"

Unfortunately, the answer is that we should probably move to posting links instead of excerpts of articles.

Big Red Number 8
Fringe Major League Player

Post by Big Red Number 8 »

I am willing to paraphrase my comments on this site. However, I am pretty forgetful about what I say, so Mikec Hamp may need to pm me what I said as a reminder!

Looking forward to sharing my baseball wisdom with you all!

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Ok, after much thought, I will attempt to paraphrase the opinions of the various ESPN chat hosts. Don't know how much longer it will take me, but I'll find out soon enough. And I'll try my best to convey their sentiments as accurately as possible. My apologies in advance if I ever misinterpret their opinions.

(In other words, don't shoot! I'm just the messenger!)

I'll go back and do yesterday's chats, since I'm sure there would have already started talking about the playoff series, even though I'm going to guess a lot of people wanted to ask about the controversial final play of the Pads/Rockies game. Look for yesterday's and today's recap late tonight.

Can anyone think of a catchy new title, or would you rather keep the current "NL Central comments" title? Maybe I'll just create a poll for this. (Hey, my first GR poll question!)

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

On a somewhat related note, you know how they always say, "accounts and descriptions of this game may not be disseminated without express written consent"? Does that make our game day threads illegal? I think they're trying to claim more rights than they really have legally.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

FireJoeMorgan posts a big chunk of JoeChat every week. You'd think someone would've ripped them a new one for ripping them a new one if it were that big of a deal.

BP chats have ended as well, of course.