Music Board

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: Music Board

Post by thrill »

Is it really that hard to have it in social? I don't think so. We are a baseball site with an awesome social forum. I don't like the idea of that many forums.

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer

Post by TimeForGuinness »

thrill wrote:Is it really that hard to have it in social? I don't think so. We are a baseball site with an awesome social forum. I don't like the idea of that many forums.
++

StatmanCrothers
Perennial All-Star

Post by StatmanCrothers »

TimeForGuinness wrote:
thrill wrote:Is it really that hard to have it in social? I don't think so. We are a baseball site with an awesome social forum. I don't like the idea of that many forums.
++
I agree, whose stupid idea was this anyway? must everything be categorized and labeled to have a discussion?

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

Heh, yeah.

Then move rants to social, omit fantasy forum, move other sports to social and minor league to baseball. And omit site support / suggestions cause you guys don't listen anyway.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Leroy wrote:Heh, yeah.

Then move rants to social, omit fantasy forum, move other sports to social and minor league to baseball. And omit site support / suggestions cause you guys don't listen anyway.
Rants is to keep Social more positive. Fantasy sports is for people who play it and is separate because people who don't play it don't like hearing about it. Minor Leagues has a separate forum so those that are interested in it don't have to find it in the baseball forum where threads get bumped off the front page much more easily.The minor league forum has a much smaller but still dedicated following. By keeping it separate from Baseball Talk we also avoid clutter for people who are only interested in the big leagues. Site Support/Suggestions is for suggestions. We discuss it, but if we don't like the idea, we aren't going to implement it. We don't think there are many changes that need to be made quite honestly. I think the vast majority of our posters would agree with us.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Leroy wrote:Heh, yeah.

We are listening. I always appreciate suggestions and ideas (seriously, I do).

I understand the desire for a music/movies board, but right now social is really healthy in terms of activity and content. The more forums we add, the larger chance we have of diluting the activity and quality of the other forums. Which in turn, will dampen the overall user experience. I've done some reading on managing successful forums and often it's said "forum creep" is something that should be avoided, if possible, for the reasons I've stated.

If GRB continues to grow I'll be happy to reevaluate the forum setup. But at this time I don't think there is a strong need for a separate movie/music forum. I sincerely apologize is this disappoints anyone.

Again, I appreciate everyone's feedback. I'm always greatful that GRB has enthusiastic users who want to make our community better.

-Michael

redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star

Post by redbirdjazzz »

How about at least making the GREATEST MUSIC THREAD EVAR!!!! (or whatever it's called) a sticky, since it keeps drifting off the first page. That's one I always go back to! :)

Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators

Post by Tambourine Man »

redbirdjazzz wrote:How about at least making the GREATEST MUSIC THREAD EVAR!!!! (or whatever it's called) a sticky, since it keeps drifting off the first page. That's one I always go back to! :)
Done. It gets a lot more play than the other stickys in social.